Article Comment: EOTopo

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 11, 2021 at 21:06
ThreadID: 141064 Views:6535 Replies:2 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Will there ever be an update to the web/app that would allow me to plan a trek/trip out on my 27 inch computer screen and keyboard/mouse (hopefully using both topo & street maps), then export it to the app so I can just hit start? Trying to create waypoints and create a navigation path on the tablet is extremely clunky.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Feb 11, 2021 at 21:55

Thursday, Feb 11, 2021 at 21:55
It's there already, provided you have the Traveller app for your desktop and mobile platforms.

If you have a Windows PC you can buy Traveller for Windows and use that to create a Personal Trek which you can save to your account in ExplorOz. You will need to use existing Places or create your own waypoints to make the routing engine work. It is easier on a big screen with a mouse.

Then in Traveller on your mobile device choose to display your Personal Treks. Find the one of interest on the map, tap it, select Goto and navigation on that Trek will begin.

If your mobile device is also a Windows device, then your purchase of Traveller for Windows will cover both the desktop and mobile environments.

If your mobile device is Android or iOS, then you'll have to pay for Traveller a second time because it is on a different platform. The Treks work independent of platforms - ie create a Trek on any platform, use it on any other.

On a Windows desktop you can use an Android emulator (there are free ones, Bluestacks is very good) to run an Android version of the app, so that way just an Android version of the app will be sufficient.

Traveller is not available for Apple desktop computers. A quick search suggests that an iOS emulator may be available for MACs, in which case just an iOS version of Traveller would be sufficient and will work just like the Windows/Android examples above. I'll let the Apple people fill in the details on that one.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 635035

Follow Up By: djm67 - Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 17:36

Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 17:36
Didn't work unfortunately.

Bluestacks doesn't recognise the previous 'purchase' of the Traveller app despite it being in the list of purchased apps.

So to use Traveller in Bluestacks it wants me to purchase the app again (on my phone it recognises the purchase and will let me install, so it's not a Google Play Store issue)
FollowupID: 912503

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 19:11

Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 19:11
Did you goto the Playstore from within Bluestacks using your Google account that you used to originally purchase Traveller? That's what you need to do. Search for Traveller and you shouldn't need to re- purchase, just install.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912504

Follow Up By: djm67 - Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 20:02

Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 20:02
Certainly did.

Logged in on my account, could see the app in my list of purchased apps, but it wanted another purchase to download it.
FollowupID: 912508

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 20:25

Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 20:25
Hmm ... now you've taken me beyond my pay grade. Sorry, I'm out of ideas for the moment.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 912510

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 22:03

Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 22:03
Interesting, that was exactly the way I was doing it until the windows version was on sale last year. Must see if it still works for me.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 912512

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 23:06

Friday, Feb 12, 2021 at 23:06
Something similar happened to me, I changed my mobile phone from Galaxy S4 to S9. I could not update Traveller.
Finished up loading traveller from my back up from S4 to S9
After I found my original email address that I used on the original purchase, Google still wanted me to pay for the update which I declined.
FollowupID: 912516

Reply By: Member - Warren H - Saturday, Feb 13, 2021 at 08:27

Saturday, Feb 13, 2021 at 08:27
Just installed the Android version on my PC from my Playstore account using Bluestacks. So this still works.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 635061

Follow Up By: djm67 - Sunday, Feb 14, 2021 at 20:26

Sunday, Feb 14, 2021 at 20:26
Fixed it

Had to set my computer up as a 'phone' inside Bluestacks.

Then go to Google Pay store in a separate window and 'push' the app to the fake phone I had created in Bluestacks.
FollowupID: 912545

Sponsored Links