Keeping the Tub liner in my Ranger

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 14:24
ThreadID: 141203 Views:9912 Replies:6 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
I have just replaced my six year old Ranger Wildtrak with a Ranger XLT and find to get an arb roller drawer set fitted in the back they need to remove the Tub Liner. Apparently it is to fit the side panels in nothing to do with the drawer set. I want to keep the Tub Liner. Has anybody experienced this, fitting the side panels is something I can do myself if that is the only reason.
Allan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kazza055 - Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 15:00

Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 15:00
I had a set of Outback Drawers fitted to my D-Max back in 2014 by TJM.I can't figure out why they would need to remove the liner just to fit drawers but I have heard that the liners tend to trap moisture under them causing the tub to get rust spots.

If you are handy, have a look at the Titan Drawers from 4WD Supacentre as I reckon they look much the same construction wise but heaps cheaper but you would need to install them yourself.
AnswerID: 635428

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 22:01

Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 22:01
I have a set of titan drawers in my XLT ranger and I would not buy them again. they are very shallow and you cant use the whole length of the draw and have access to what ever happens to slide to the bottom of the draw. I have replaced the top twice on the slide as the ply was to weak to stand up to the rigours of off road travel. The wings on the side where your are supposed to fit a second battery will not allow a decent sized battery to be fitted under them and still screw down into the locking point. In my opinion the kings drawers are ok if you are going to stay on the black top, but I shall never buy them again.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 913008

Reply By: Member - coutaboat - Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 15:41

Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 15:41
Thanks for replying I did look at the Titan ones and fitting them myself but they were heavier so I went for the lighter Aluminium ones. The moisture bit gets me I am getting a canopy fitted the same day so I hope I keep the moisture out and getting the canopy fitted helped me decide to get the drawers fitted as well. I have been on You Tube and I think I will save the $300 for the fitting cost and take them home and fit them myself.
Thanks for your interest.
AnswerID: 635429

Follow Up By: Kazza055 - Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 17:14

Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 17:14
If you are fitting a canopy, do you need the tub liner?

My tub floor is virtually all covered by the drawers so a tub liner would be wasted.
FollowupID: 913005

Reply By: Member - John - Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 17:16

Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 17:16
Sell the liner and spray with Raptor or similar
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 635431

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 22:04

Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 22:04
that is what I am going to do when I up grade the ranger , get rid of the line and then have it sprayed more room.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 913009

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 17:22

Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 17:22
Yep, the Raptor spray, then the canopy, then the drawers, is what I did and it is brilliant. Cost a bit to have done, but it has been worth every penny.

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 635432

Reply By: Member - lyndon NT - Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 at 07:45

Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 at 07:45
Only one mob to get your draws from in my opinion. Mine are made in Australia, probably no longer the case. Full length in the back of my Troopy, I can stand in the end of them fully extended. Bought them in 97, have had the same set in 3 Troopys and they are still going strong.

Cheers

Lyndon

Drawers
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

AnswerID: 635440

Follow Up By: Banjo (WA) - Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 at 09:31

Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 at 09:31
As Lyndon states, the 4WD Interiors product will stand up to anything you can throw at it.
Mine are 19 years old and great.
FollowupID: 913013

Follow Up By: Member - coutaboat - Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 at 12:52

Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 at 12:52
Ok thanks guys I am still undecided but lean towards leaving the liner in place. I can certainly modify the front fill-in myself and from going over the measurements a hundred times that front fill-in seems the only issue. It is unlikely that I will put anything in that space anyway because I would need to be a lizard to get up there to get it out. I will see what arb say when I roll up to get the canopy and drawers fitted.

Thanks everyone for your comments. This site never lets me down.
Allan
FollowupID: 913016

Reply By: Macquarie - Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 at 14:13

Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 at 14:13
Hi coutaboat,

With a member name of 'coutaboat' I suspect you are more likely to be based in Victoria than Queensland however you could still check out the website of 'kruiserkustoms.com.au' .

Founded by Karl Scott and located in Brisbane they fabricate and fit drawer sets customised to owners requirements.

I have aRanger XLS and had a set of drawers fitted by Karl 5 years ago and they have performed faultlessly ever since. Certainly they cost more than over the counter items but you do get a great Aussie made product.

Well worth a look, if only to get ideas.

AnswerID: 635444

Sponsored Links