Eyre Peninsula

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 26, 2004 at 12:45
ThreadID: 14149 Views:1215 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,
Last August we did Wilpena Pound, Arkaroola and all points in between and around. We used Ron Moon's book constantly throughout the trip and found it to be mostly very accurate and up to date. In addition it provided clues to a number of attractions we might have otherwise missed.
This year, about October/November we are planning to do the Eyre Peninsula and have a quick look at some of the national parks north of the Highway.
Can anyone suggest a book or books similar in style to Ron Moon's that cover the Eyre Peninsula.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Jun 26, 2004 at 19:57

Saturday, Jun 26, 2004 at 19:57
This post has been up for a while, and seems like nothing just yet.

The South Australian Tourist Bereau has publication on all of the SA regions.
they are scant, but they are a start.

I have always found the net to be very helpfull.
NPWS have a reasonable Web Site, mem mes me if you cant find it.

I am not aware of a book as such, except one put out by the RAA, written by........ can't remember...... Stuart something........ or something Stuart.......
Lots of good info, maps & history.......

I keep this in my car, again mem mes me if you want the info on this book
Too cold to go downstairs right now.

Cheers

Wolfie
AnswerID: 65242

Reply By: Davoe - Sunday, Jun 27, 2004 at 19:35

Sunday, Jun 27, 2004 at 19:35
being a former ep boy I might be able to help you on some of the points of intrest especially the upper ep What are were you intrested in?
AnswerID: 65405

Follow Up By: Member - Murray C (VIC) - Monday, Jun 28, 2004 at 11:15

Monday, Jun 28, 2004 at 11:15
G'day Davoe, thanks for the response.
I have not finalised the timescale, but something between 4 to 6 weeks around October-November.
Obviously we will spend time on both coasts, ie. Ceduna-Coffin Bay and the Gulf coast, we are not so much interested in the "tour bus trail" but rather the more off the track free camp areas and points of interest and history.
I would like to think we have enough time to have a quick look at some of the Nat Parks north of the highway(is that what you call the upper EP?) as well as the inland areas between south of the highway and the coast(s).
Email addr. mcoghill@dcsi.net.au
thanks again Davoe, look forward to hearing from you.
FollowupID: 326422

Sponsored Links