Rough ride Down Under... has ended - thanks to the ACCC

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 14:51
ThreadID: 141560 Views:6971 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hello mates!
Long ago we had a discussion in this forum about a 4x4 rental co., That cheated us, and stole our money, asking for a 6500 bond that was never returned.

We, and many others were falsly accused of fast and reckless driving, having 'police tickets', and were threathened by the company.

A lot of fonts were spread here:

Some wrote that it is a shame, that such companies allowd to contiue doing bussiness in Australia.

Others about tourists that have no clue about how to opperate a 4x4 and don't care about safty or the vehicle they hired.

We, israelis, that have respct to land, nature, and drove and navigated both sides of the road, in 5 continents, had enough knowledge to ubderstand that we have been robed.

The trueth is, as tourist - we did not feel like returning to travel down under...

Here and in other forums, we have warned others not to be fouled by this company.

we have found others: tourist and local, that were cheated by the same company, in the same way - and the there are many...

Together, we have found more than 100 customer, we have ecourged them to file an ACCC complaint.

It took a very long time, but now there is a court rulling:
To compensate the renters and pay penalties.

I'm quite sure that the robbers will escape, but, at least now we can return to travel in Australia, knowing that bonnie and clyde have left the area.

Vitali
Back Expand Un-Read 11 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Racey - Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 16:03

Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 16:03
Great result. Persistence finally paid off.
AnswerID: 636094

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 16:20

Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 16:20
Yes I saw a news report about the ACCC judgement. It is thanks to those like you who 'stood up' to these abusive crooks & that the judgement has finally come. I hope you now understand that there are plenty of good Aussies. Personally, as well as paying compensation & penalties , I think these scumbags should serve jail time for at least as long as they were in the business of menacing & threatening people for their own financial gain. Thanks to you mate!
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636096

Follow Up By: ???? ?1 - Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 16:40

Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 16:40
Of couse we know that there are good and honest australians!

We are meeting you guys of the dirt roads and treks, all over the globe.

I belive that these scumbags abuesed your imigration sys, and now of the run for the next trick, in another country.

We have never faced such a prob. with any rental company, and we have rented many suv's before...
Surly never lost 6,500$ on a rental...

Bythe way:
Some were charged 65,000$ and other nice sums of money, as they were wrongfully blamed for destroying suv's motor, and other fantastic stories.

Some of these were in court seperatly and won.
FollowupID: 913952

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 17:03

Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 at 17:03
Yes, the report is on the ACCC site, also ABC news site has had several recent reports.

Not sure if links for such things can be put up . . . I guess it'd be ok as the case is closed, and the company has gone into liquidation, no doubt to escape having to pay up.

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/penalties-of-1223m-against-australian-4wd-hire-and-ex-directors-vitali-roesch-and-maryna-kosukhina

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04...-4wd-hire-company-gold-coast-roesch/100071930

"The court found the hire company falsely claimed to have insurance that covered customers if vehicles incurred off-road damage."
and "systematically lied to customers and used unfair contracts to demand they pay the full costs of repairing or replacing damaged vehicles, even if there was no damage."

21 days to repay customers $9,500. (Seems way too little !)
The directors will also be forced to pay fines of $179,000 and $174,000 each. (Maybe to make up for the above !)

Took a while, but a result for consumers who were treated very badly.

Trouble is the company was placed into liquidation back in February, as the court case approached.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-09/australian-4wd-hire-company-liquidation-customers-owed-thousands/11934270
AnswerID: 636099

Reply By: Bazooka - Thursday, Apr 22, 2021 at 13:42

Thursday, Apr 22, 2021 at 13:42
In addition to the above, Vitali Roesch has form for assaulting partners, including Kosukhina.

Russian businessman escapes jail time after flogging his wife on the Gold Coast
AnswerID: 636115

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Thursday, Apr 22, 2021 at 14:14

Thursday, Apr 22, 2021 at 14:14
A right piece of work all round :/
FollowupID: 913975

Reply By: Candace S. - Monday, Apr 26, 2021 at 03:48

Monday, Apr 26, 2021 at 03:48
Thanks for the update! I hadn't heard about the court ruling.
AnswerID: 636150

Sponsored Links