ExplorOz Traveller - Track Logs.. so good

I just discovered the ability to create Track Logs after returning from a trip.

If you haven't already explored these its well worth browsing the User Manual for ExplorOz Traveller, the functionality is superb, so well thought out and implemented!

Being able to share a map with mates showing where you've been and using it to review your own trip is great!
Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 09:58

Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 09:58
How did you do it, Duncan. You know there are two ways?
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636205

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan2H - Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:07

Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:07
I tapped Search button, then "Create" under "Track Logs".. what is the second way?
FollowupID: 914066

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 14:06

Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 14:06
Hi Duncan,

Sorry for the delay - was called to a lunch appointment :-)

As a member you have on-line Tracking available.

From the menu, in the top section, Tracker, move the slider to enable Tracking. That's it.

Then whenever Tracker is in mobile service your Track will be automatically synced to your account.

When you come home, or whenever you like, Menu/Tracker/View Tracking. You can Save it from there and then Share, etc.

Alternatively you can access your Track Logs from the EO website:
ExplorOz/Products/Traveller/My App Control Panel/My Trackers/My Track Logs

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 914069

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan2H - Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 14:56

Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 14:56
Thanks! I already have Tracking turned on. But using the website I cant find any way of extracting a subset of Tracking information (say a few days between two nominated dates) into a Track.
FollowupID: 914070

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 15:03

Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 15:03
"But using the website I cant find any way of extracting a subset of Tracking information (say a few days between two nominated dates) into a Track."

The method you used is probably the best way to do what you've described.

You can edit saved Track Logs on the website.Check Page 38 of the manual. But AFAIK you cannot extract a portion of a track, you'd have to truncate the beginning and the end of the Track Log to leave just the bit you want. Then you've lost the rest of the log.

I am open to correction here.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 914071

Follow Up By: maurice b - Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 12:10

Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 12:10
Tracklogs.. I'm finding after i syn my tracklog up to the web page i cannot get them back as a gpx file to load into another device . Hitting the download button i get the message' Mapping Data Download is for Members Only.' which i'm not but am signed into my account and file is unlocked. I also find the snail trail very indistinct in colour and size and it does not show if you a following a loaded track as its hidden underneath. Having to use a internet connection to load and retrieve data is not for me. I would like to see from the ExplorOz team to sell the 2021 maps in ozf4 format as before to use in Ozi or maybe purchase a .tif or pdf file to calibrate into my prefered program OziExplorer .
FollowupID: 914078

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan2H - Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 12:45

Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 12:45
Maurice, you can change the colour of the Snail Trail in settings. This helps. It would be nice to have the option to increase its thickness though as well.

Duncan.
FollowupID: 914079

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 12:46

Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 12:46
[quote]
Tracklogs.. I'm finding after i syn my tracklog up to the web page i cannot get them back as a gpx file to load into another device . Hitting the download button i get the message' Mapping Data Download is for Members Only.' which i'm not but am signed into my account and file is unlocked.
[/quote]

I looks like you have a free Visitor account which gives you access to this forum and most of Traveller's features. The only thing in Traveller you miss out on is the auto Tracking. To get the functionality you're after you need a paid Member account. Because you own Traveller you get a $20 discount at sign up - $29.95 and the same each year for renewal.

Edit: Duncan posted while I was writing, so some info is duplicated.

You can change the colour of the snail trail in Settings, but not the line size. I find the same blue as the position arrow to be the best, but it's personal preference.

I don't recall the snail trail being hidden under the highlighted route. I'll have to check that.

I'll let Michelle respond to your other issues as they are business/policy items.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 914080

Follow Up By: maurice b - Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 13:47

Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 13:47
Thanks guy I realise track colour can be changed but not the thickness . A continual line I would pref with iridescent colours that stand out. Maybe I'm spoilted using other nav apps. Another question is if I upload a gpx file that contains @1000 waypoints like Camps or uhf repeaters ,if I was the delete later would I have an option to delete them in a one click process or would I actually have to delete one waypoint at a time.
FollowupID: 914081

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 13:58

Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 13:58
Maurice,

I just took a short local drive. The snail trail is not under the highlighted route, but the dotted lines on the route and those of the snail trail do merge, so the snail trail is difficult to see, as you say.

FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 914082

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan2H - Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 15:09

Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 15:09
I completely agree with you both that it could be clearer.. I struggle with it. I have my colour set to "maroon".. its the best compromise I can come up with but I'd really like to be able to set the line width.
FollowupID: 914083

Follow Up By: Member - pedro1 - Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 18:28

Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 18:28
I hate the ExplorOz Treks obscuring the original road/track markings even thou the ExplorOz Treks option is not selected. On a long journey I would like to see which parts of the track is sealed so I can make a desicion on whether to air up or down the car and caravan tyres . Not visible with the Trek hiding the original lines.
FollowupID: 914085

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 19:23

Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 19:23
Pedro,

Did you zoom in? Here's an Exploroz Trek on the Darling River Run. The red dashes are the unsealed road and the smaller black dashes are the EO Trek. The info you want is there and not obscured.

FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 914086

Follow Up By: maurice b - Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 19:45

Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 19:45
Hi Frank . I think Pedro means if a preloaded track is loaded to follow it does obscure the road ahead as the loaded track is very wide. In ozi you can go to the track properties select a colour and thin the line right down so you can see if its sealed or not ahead.
FollowupID: 914087

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 21:31

Saturday, May 01, 2021 at 21:31
Thanks Maurice, I didn't read it that way. Yes, I see that point.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 914088

Follow Up By: maurice b - Sunday, May 02, 2021 at 13:09

Sunday, May 02, 2021 at 13:09
Rather than starting a new post i will add to this thread. When i create a more complex tracklog of a remote trip where at times no tracks exist then add other track sections i use another program that also has the Eotopo map this gives me the option of selecting different maps of the same area that can be missing detail in other maps. So when i join all these files together and there could be up to 20 then upload them to the Traveller app web page they get loaded as the 20 individual files instead of one track , you then need to tick the lot to see the complete track and this is whether i use a gpx or a .plt file . Of course i could get around this by creating the track from start to finish i one go. This means to remove all these files later i have no option in Traveller to delete 'all selected' and must be done one at a time which is very time consuming either on pc or from the app. So now i want to upload a single .gpx file that contains many hundred points (See image) and am weary of doing so incase i have to delete one at a time in the future without removing other personal files using the Clear Main DB in settings. Or please correct me if i'm wrong .
FollowupID: 914094

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Sunday, May 02, 2021 at 14:12

Sunday, May 02, 2021 at 14:12
Maurice,

There might be a work-around, but it might not be practical depending how many Personal Places you already have.

If you don't have too many, edit them all into Groups. (Probably good practice to assign every Personal Place you create to a group anyway. I have learned that the hard way. Groups make Personal Places easier to manage.)

I think your GPX imports from that map will be ungrouped.

When you've finished with them you can bulk delete any Group, including Ungrouped.

Does that help?
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 914095

Sponsored Links