Missing POI’s

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 09, 2021 at 23:43
ThreadID: 141947 Views:5162 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
How are Poi,S added to database? Is it reader input like Wiki or put there by admin.
Reason for asking is 90,000 POI’s is not so good if another 90,000 are missing!
Main ones are rest areas/ day use or overnight.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 10, 2021 at 09:39

Thursday, Jun 10, 2021 at 09:39
Are you talking about the ExplorOz database? If so it would be helpful if you could include that in your question.

On the assumption that you are, yes it's a wiki. Users contribute via the Traveller app.

If a rest area is not listed it is because no one has uploaded it to the database. Similarly, if a rest area or other "POI" is decommissioned or otherwise altered, the database entry won't be updated until a someone like yourself reports it. To do that, open the Place in Traveller, tap Show and then use the Add Comment button.

To create a new place, see page 20 of Traveller's user manual.

FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636744

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:41

Thursday, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:41
Good question but as Frank mentioned they are user generated and then Admin validated. You can also convert Personal places to Public both in the App and on the website. You can also import Personal places on the website and covert to Public.

There are over 80000 personal places in the system also at the moment and what upsets me the most is there are about 50 copies of every darn city - I do not understand why people just blanket import heaps of duplicates into the system.

Anyway you are most welcome and encouraged to make contributions to the Public database provided you enter the right positions , names and try to avoid creating duplicate entries. Our Admin team will generally validate the updates within 48-72 hrs.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636746

Sponsored Links