Desktop Traveller App

Submitted: Monday, Jun 21, 2021 at 12:49
ThreadID: 142013 Views:4858 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Trying to locate the desktop Traveller App in my account.

I'm logged in & using Chrome. I can't see the MyApp control panel & I don't know if I qualify?

I've purchased a copy of the Traveller app for iOS.

If I don't qualify, how do you qualify?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Dick L - Monday, Jun 21, 2021 at 13:40

Monday, Jun 21, 2021 at 13:40
Open (tap on) Traveller then scroll down till you see My App Control Panel (tap to open) then Open.
AnswerID: 636898

Follow Up By: Member - Siringo - Monday, Jun 21, 2021 at 14:15

Monday, Jun 21, 2021 at 14:15
Thanks Dick L, I just had to look a little harder. This looks very useful.
FollowupID: 914843

Reply By: RMD - Monday, Jun 21, 2021 at 13:42

Monday, Jun 21, 2021 at 13:42
The access to the system is on the platform you use, ie, iOS, therefore it is available in the Apple side of things. My understanding is it isn't available on Android device or PC based if iOS was used to download the app and maps. That is one of the specified limitations flagged in the reading before purchase.

I am using a Windows laptop to type this but it cannot access the Android related downloaded App and Maps. Maybe I am wrong!
AnswerID: 636899

Follow Up By: Member - Siringo - Monday, Jun 21, 2021 at 14:16

Monday, Jun 21, 2021 at 14:16
Hi RMD, No Dick L listed the steps above. I purchased the app for iOS but am accessing the desktop app on my Windows laptop, it's browser based so is OS independent.
FollowupID: 914844

Follow Up By: RMD - Monday, Jun 21, 2021 at 16:37

Monday, Jun 21, 2021 at 16:37
Siringo
Does it work now for you with those instructions?
FollowupID: 914847

Follow Up By: Member - Siringo - Tuesday, Jun 22, 2021 at 09:32

Tuesday, Jun 22, 2021 at 09:32
Yep, visit the Traveller app product page and scroll down the list / menu until you see 'My App Control Panel'

FollowupID: 914852

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2021 at 09:04

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2021 at 09:04
In the current newsletter:
NEW DESKTOP APP*

If you're an ExplorOz Member with a licence for Traveller purchased from one of the app stores, then you're in luck!
We have decided to give you exclusive access to a special desktop version of the Traveller app to allow you more flexibility with the devices you use for trip planning and research (not for active navigation). For some people this will be appealing as you aren't restricted by the existing store-platform licence you have. You will simply open the app from a webpage using Chrome, Edge or Opera as the browser. (Not compatible with Safari or Firefox).

For most people the advantage will be access to use a larger monitor/screen attached to a desktop computer (Mac or PC) for planning purposes.
Remember - you can only access the web-version if you have a purchased app-store version of the app (any platform) and an ExplorOz Member account. If you don't have the ExplorOz Traveller app - maybe now is the time? For full details see the Traveller webpage here.
The desktop app is not platform specific, does not work offline, and the GPS and tracking features have been removed so it cannot be used for active navigation but can be used for planning. You'll be able to login to your ExplorOz account, use the Data Manager to access your Personal Places, Treks and Track Logs, and be able to create new Personal Places, lookup Addresses, create navigation plans with turn-by-turn and save them as Personal Treks for later use on your other device/s.
To open the ExplorOz Traveller Desktop App - ensure you have one of the supported browsers installed on your Mac or PC computer and then go to the ExplorOz Traveller webpage. Check that you are logged in to your account and open the MyAppControl Panel. If you qualify, you'll be able to successfully click the OPEN button and the web-app will launch for you.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 914860

Sponsored Links