Mount Zeil Wilderness Park...anyone been there yet?

Thanks to the Westprint "Friday Five" newsletter, I learned of this new tourist facility near Mount Zeil.

They offer bush camping, a convenience store, an ablutions block, firewood, water, and an airstrip.

Click here for their website

Has anyone visited this place yet?

When I previously looked into Mount Zeil access, the information was a bit sketchy. Apparently now the access is straightforward, whether you simply want to camp near the mountain or hope to climb it.

I added the turnoff to Places:Click here for turnoff location
Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Thursday, Jun 24, 2021 at 10:46

Thursday, Jun 24, 2021 at 10:46
Wow, sounds great, and will make a lot of peak baggers happy to have easier access to NTs highest peak.

We did it back in 2010, got Glen Helen to drop us out to the far western end of the range late one afternoon.
Went to sleep with curious dingos around out tent.
Walked the summit next day, not difficult, great views.

We then walked cross country to Redbank Gorge, got onto the Larapinta track, and walked that to Alice.
Very memorable 19 days.

The site looks good, hope it's a success for them.
AnswerID: 636929

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Thursday, Jun 24, 2021 at 22:13

Thursday, Jun 24, 2021 at 22:13
The convenience store looks a tad inconvenient to get to.
FollowupID: 914874

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Jun 25, 2021 at 19:51

Friday, Jun 25, 2021 at 19:51
Great I've just added it to Places using the lat/long provided on their website and dropping a pin in Traveller. I'm now adding the road from the turn off to the wilderness park into the work in progress version of EOTopo maps where we are always adding/updating/tweaking, so when the next edition of EOTopo is released the road in will be there.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636948

Sponsored Links