Port Macquarie Trade Business'

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 01, 2021 at 15:40
ThreadID: 142076 Views:4765 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My mate and I are stuck in Port Macquarie with a battery charger that needs replacing. After an extensive ring around looking for a business to install a Ctek charger all we got were comments like " nah sorry mate we are booked up until August; can't install".
Not one or two but at least 10 trade places.

Then we were driving past Battery World and tried them; we had spoken to just about everybody else! What a welcome surprise. They had a Ctek charger at a competitive price AND could install the NEXT day.

I have had similar response in Charter's Towers when I was looking for a service on the Prado. No one could do it except - surprise, surprise; the Toyota dealer. Next day no problem. Lucky because they had the parts for a bullbar recall that hadn't been done. All fixed on the same visit.

So, cheers for Battery World in Port Macquarie and Toyota in Charters.

Brickbats for all the other non helpful trades.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Thursday, Jul 01, 2021 at 16:52

Thursday, Jul 01, 2021 at 16:52
I've always been happy with Battery World Bill. I stick to suppliers that satisfy.
Life's too short to spend time searching for the cheapest price.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 637013

Reply By: RMD - Thursday, Jul 01, 2021 at 18:54

Thursday, Jul 01, 2021 at 18:54
Bill
That is good, but don't you carry a small 240 v, multi battery type, charger, ie Projeata, for use if main system fails? Even a small MPPT solar reg to connect to solar and continue to charge batteries! If not, you leave yourself open to failures and inconvenience and warm drinks.
PS. Only 4 wires to connect and continue the trek.
AnswerID: 637016

Reply By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Thursday, Jul 01, 2021 at 20:07

Thursday, Jul 01, 2021 at 20:07
We have an 8amp charger (small one) but it made no difference.
There are 2x 200 amp batteries so the charging job is a big one.

The solar panels (2) have been hamstrung by the clouds and constant rain we have had for the last 3 weeks!

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 637019

Follow Up By: RMD - Thursday, Jul 01, 2021 at 22:47

Thursday, Jul 01, 2021 at 22:47
Bill
I did exactly what I mentioned 3 days ago and charged my battery pack around 400ah from 12.2 to quite a reasonable level with a Ctek 5amp charger over a few hours. An 8 amp should have added a significant amount overnight if on 240V 10 HRS should equate to 80ah added or more if on for longer. If it made no difference then something is horribly wrong. Does the charger used actually charge? Seems not, if no difference.

Clouds here too, but if the panels are in series AND the charger can accept the max voltage from the panels even a trickle at 1 amp panel flow will be 3 or more amps from a MPPT charger into the batteries. My system works that way and most times is 4 x of battery voltage and charge current is 4 x or more than the panel amps. It just maximizes what it gets.
FollowupID: 914979

Sponsored Links