Terrano 2 Snorkel .......... FINALLY!

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 29, 2004 at 12:39
ThreadID: 14220 Views:2799 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Well I finally bit the bullet & fitted a snorkel to the T2 2.7 TDI.
After heaps of research I fitted the Airtech mod. 21P Ford Courier snorkel.
Wasn't too bad to fit, although we did burn the midnight oil! We had to mod the pillar bracket & obviously the air box, along with a lot of head scratching re. best placement, & where to drill the dreaded big hole.
Final result I would rate at 95%, being quiet critical, slight misalignment to the pillar from side view, perfect align from front view. Very good fit to guard profile, with quite a small gap at the front, fixed with judicious use of black silicone/urethane. The good news was that after the air exits the snorkel there is only one bend, I believe some standard fit snorkels have up to 13.
If any T2 owners would like photos please let me know.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 29, 2004 at 14:45

Tuesday, Jun 29, 2004 at 14:45
Always good to see someone bending the rules, so to speak!
How many people told you that it couldn't be done before you deicded to give it a go yourself?

Bravo!
AnswerID: 65662

Follow Up By: Shaker - Tuesday, Jun 29, 2004 at 15:09

Tuesday, Jun 29, 2004 at 15:09
Quite a few, in fact I had it booked in last week for TJM to install it, however they pulled a heart muscle at the last minute & decided they didn't want to fit it.
So the choice was .... no snorkel or take it home & cut the big hole myself!
FollowupID: 326593

Reply By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Wednesday, Jun 30, 2004 at 01:02

Wednesday, Jun 30, 2004 at 01:02
So....

Where is the big test happening? Nice deep creek nearby?

At this point I could make a smart comment about whether you have a Toyota standing by to rescue you but that will probably provoke the Nissan Patrol crowd to start responding.....

Great to hear you got something to suit and I hope it does the job for you. I am not that mechanically inclined so when the time comes I'll get a professional fitting. The thought of wielding a 3 inch hole saw on the front guard does not exactly thrill me!!!

Cheers
Steven
AnswerID: 65756

Follow Up By: Shaker - Wednesday, Jun 30, 2004 at 18:25

Wednesday, Jun 30, 2004 at 18:25
"The thought of wielding a 3 inch hole saw on the front guard does not exactly thrill me!!! "

Made me sweat a bit ........ I can assure you!
FollowupID: 326723

Reply By: nad - Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 17:52

Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 17:52
gidday shaker i have just ordered what sounds like the same snorkel for my T2 2.7 TDI. I am fitting it myself next week hopefully, and would really appreciate any photos of the installation you have especially of the pillar bracket mods. Thanks
AnswerID: 66168

Follow Up By: Shaker - Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 19:31

Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 19:31
Give me your email addy & I'll send them asap, as a matter of fact I just sent them to Terrano 2 owners in Italy. They are a very popular vehicle throughout Europe & South America, also, but to lesser degree in the USA. Problem in Oz was I think Nissan Australia got too greedy, made them too exxie!
FollowupID: 327014

Follow Up By: nad - Saturday, Jul 03, 2004 at 07:16

Saturday, Jul 03, 2004 at 07:16
Thanks Shaker my address is flynnmr@bp.com The terrano is a great car, I have been really happy with it, I have had to change the air flow meter but this seems to be a fairly common problem but that is the only problem i've had. Have you made any suspension changes or upgrades i would be interested to find out what changes owners have made and the improvments they have seen. thanks again
FollowupID: 327082

Sponsored Links