Scosche magnetic mount on corrugated roads

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 21, 2021 at 22:06
ThreadID: 142426 Views:5565 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My Scosche mount has been reliable on moderately corrugated roads, but I found that on really bad corrugations, while the magnet held, the device (a small light phone) rotated on the mount. It seems to me that a dual magnet mount is required to prevent this or at least an elongated mount with more friction. I am aware of and use other solutions for tablets, my question is specifically about magnetic mounts and the rotation on corrugated roads of the sort where 20 kph is a challenge.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 07:48

Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 07:48
Hi Warren,

Do you have a photo of the Mount you are referring to please? I use this type of Mount for my Hema Navigator, and so far have not had a problem.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 637613

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 13:13

Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 13:13
Macca, it's this one:
https://www.scosche.net.au/magicmounttm-cd-slot-magnetic-mount.html
I've mounted the plate a bit below the mid point to get it a bit higher on the mount, so perhaps introduced a greater turning moment. It was ok on most corrugations but these were severe. I was surprised as the phone is very light.
Cheers Warren
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

FollowupID: 915694

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Monday, Aug 23, 2021 at 08:27

Monday, Aug 23, 2021 at 08:27
Hi Warren,

This is the same Mount that I have. So far I have not had any issues, but have not been on any really bad corrugations. It will be interesting to see how it performs if and when we get out of lockdown and can travel again. We have planned a trip to SA, NT, QLD, leaving from Melbourne at the end of Sept.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 637630

Sponsored Links