COVID and Caravaners

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 11:35
ThreadID: 142429 Views:6402 Replies:4 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
Just in on the ABC. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-22/caravaners-told-to-go-home-to-hotspots-as-health-advice-changes/100397340
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ModSquad - Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 11:45

Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 11:45
Warrie,

Your link doesn't work - you can see the link underline didn't underline the whole link. Instead of pasting a link into the body of the message, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, use the Link button under the composition window - it works every time.

Click the button
Paste the link into the top line. Doesn't matter if it doesn't all fit, it will be in there.
Type a couple of descriptive words in the bottom line. Sometimes just the word Link will do.
Click Insert.

Warrie's link

Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 637618

Reply By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 16:36

Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 16:36
It smells like a decision made by a bureaucrat, with no experience of how the caravan industry works, sitting in a concrete tower who wants a bit of praise from his/her superiors for being able to come up with an original idea.

The OP covers all the problems and asks the relevant questions that should have been considered when the program was first brought up.

Lets hope the National ABC picks it up and even ACA. Tracey Grimshaw could go to town on this idea as well.

Lets hope,

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 637620

Follow Up By: RMD - Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 12:47

Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 12:47
Bill B
The ABC is against Australians and probably endorse it all, so no action there. They hate Australia and Australians, given their past behaviour. Has it changed in the last few days? You cannot trust the ABC.
The media has endorsed the travel of caravanners etc to "pass through a state, ie NSW and not stop. eg, QLD to VIC. totally unrealistic since, in the past, we had STOP, REVIVE, SURVIVE programs on our highways for travellers and road safety. Now the Gov's are enforcing "no stops" and travellers who are exhausted and unused to long drives, now have to traverse across and clear the whole state in one go, a 24hr period and prove it. SO safety on the road is not paramount at all. Dispense with that! In fact it increases the likelyhood of serious accidents forced to happen by LAW, all based on Chief Hoax Officers advice to their respective dictatorial premiers. Welcome to communism.
FollowupID: 915726

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 16:16

Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 16:16
Your perverse opinion of the ABC, what it is and isn't, won't surprise many forumites RMD, nor I guess will your propensity for invention. Standard fare from a certain demographic in my experience. The hyperbole in your comment is puerile and should be taken with a grain or fifty of salt. Found many commies under your bed lately?

I think the one size fits all edict is foolish on face value, and no real evidence for its need has been offered afaik, but how that's the fault of the ABC or health advisors only you know. CHO's as most know offer health advice, they don't make decisions on what restrictions are applied or how rules are policed.

Exhausted travellers can of course still (and should) stop, but their options may be limited. Anyone in a caravan park who is directed to go home should ask for details on what restrictions they face during their travels and fill out the travel declaration. Hardly rocket science. Personally, in the current police state conditions in NSW (where the Police Commissioner has basically given his officers carte blanche) I'd be asking for a written order that I can show to police during my return.

FollowupID: 915727

Follow Up By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 18:30

Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 18:30
I think Rosehaven on the ABC is very nice.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 915729

Follow Up By: Michael H9 - Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 19:52

Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 19:52
Unbelievable that the ABC reporting a government decision can be blamed for the decision with the reasoning being that the ABC hates Australians. Fair dinkum, I shake my head sometimes and wonder how humans invented cars in the first place.
FollowupID: 915730

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 20:38

Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 20:38
Quirky I'd say Alan. I prefer Rake, Newton's Law and Jack Irish. Sadly all finito.

ABC radio also has plenty of good stuff (among the chaff) - science, farming, the environment, conservation, the stars, health with Norman Swan. My fav though is 'Conversations' (or razgovory to us commies - yes, I looked it up). Head and shoulders above anything commercial radio can offer. Time for my vodka or maybe a good RED .
FollowupID: 915731

Reply By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 18:54

Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 18:54
Things are quiet on the forum with 366 views and one reply. I guess we have had the stuffing knocked out by 58 days of NSW lockdowns. But if I were camped in country area with zero COVID and the govt says go back to an LGA with hundreds......
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 637622

Follow Up By: Member - Bigfish - Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 20:18

Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 20:18
Trust a forum member to introduce common sense into a discussion......
FollowupID: 915699

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 21:36

Sunday, Aug 22, 2021 at 21:36
I'd be less worried if I had been vaccinated.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 915702

Follow Up By: GarryR - Monday, Aug 23, 2021 at 06:11

Monday, Aug 23, 2021 at 06:11
What!!! only 58 days for NSW, geeze their lucky, try living in Victoria, let alone a regional area where we have not seen any case, but still locked down.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915704

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Monday, Aug 23, 2021 at 08:23

Monday, Aug 23, 2021 at 08:23
I am not sure how this can be correct. Full time travellers live in their home. If you are travelling and in a “red” zone, you will not be able to get a travel permit to cross any of the state borders. This just does not make sense.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 637629

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Monday, Aug 23, 2021 at 14:31

Monday, Aug 23, 2021 at 14:31
The original story does say exemptions exist: "There are exemptions for people that are permanent residents, staying for work or if they don't have any other place to live."
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

FollowupID: 915713

Sponsored Links