EO Traveller. Centre arrow on screen?

Just wondering if there is an option to have a button, that when pushed will place the cursor in the Traveller app into the centre of the screen. This would be useful when manually moving the map around & then being able to return to your current position.
Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: kgarn - Tuesday, Aug 24, 2021 at 17:17

Tuesday, Aug 24, 2021 at 17:17
Refer page 12 of the User Manual.
AnswerID: 637639

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 24, 2021 at 18:42

Tuesday, Aug 24, 2021 at 18:42
Also, if you want it dead centre, ensure in Settings, Track Up Centre Offset is Off (slider switch).
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 915720

Reply By: Member - Siringo - Tuesday, Aug 24, 2021 at 20:43

Tuesday, Aug 24, 2021 at 20:43
Thanks for the replies, but i’m looking for something different. In Hema & Mud Maps apps you can tap a button and you will be returned to your current position. EG say you look on the map 200kms ahead of where you’re stopped to look for something. Now you want the map to return to your current position.

In these other apps there’s a button you can tap that will automatically return the map for you.

Is the function available in EO Traveller.
AnswerID: 637640

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Tuesday, Aug 24, 2021 at 20:58

Tuesday, Aug 24, 2021 at 20:58
As kgarn posted user manual p12 particularly the last para in the text below:

Zoom & GPS Lock
This vertical multi-button toolbar appears by default on the Left side of the map screen. You can move it to the Right by going to Settings – Map Screen Settings – Zoom & GPS Lock Position. You can also reduce the size of the buttons in Settings – see Button Size (Small or Normal).
3D turns on/off the Pitch display setting which affects the perspective view of the map. The default pitch is 45 degrees. Go to Settings to change the default to another value. When the 3D icon is coloured Orange the pitch display is ON. White is OFF.
This is the GPS Lock icon showing “Track Up” mode (arrowhead). In this mode, no matter what direction you travel, you will see your trip progress along the map progressing towards the top of the map (up). The point of the arrowhead, however, will keep pointing North and the map will rotate as you change heading. This mode can be changed in Settings to “North Up” if preferred.
If you change your GPS Lock Mode Setting to “North Up” the GPS Lock icon will change to the “gunsight” icon. In this mode, the map will always be oriented with North at the top. Your direction of travel across the map however will display your true direction of travel.
In both modes, the GPS Lock On/Off setting remains the same with orange indicating Locked, and white indicating Off/Disabled.
The GPS Lock needs to remain ON in order to display your current position in the centre of the map and to keep a lock on the position as you move.
There are two methods for disabling the GPS Lock. By default, the app uses the “Manual” method such that you cannot disable the GPS Lock if you touch the map, instead you need to tap the icon (ie. manually). This means that if you touch the map with your finger to look at areas away from your current position, after you release your finger, the map will “snap back” to ensure your current position is recentred in view.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 915721

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Aug 24, 2021 at 22:36

Tuesday, Aug 24, 2021 at 22:36
Siringo,

Try this:

Settings
Scroll down to Disable GPS Lock
Set it to Automatic.

Now go back to the map screen.

Drag the map to wherever you want and let go. The map will stay there.
Tap the Dart or the Compass (whichever you have, that's another setting). It's under the 3D button. It will turn orange and the map will snap back to your position.

Is that what you're after?
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 915722

Sponsored Links