Creating Treks in Traveller vs Hema Explorer

Submitted: Friday, Aug 27, 2021 at 21:22
ThreadID: 142462 Views:4319 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Traveller is a better product but with respect to making Treks I find Hema much easier to do.

After spending time creating places then trying to link them to create a track in Traveller I gave up and spent a few minutes in Hema App to create a route/track.

I exported it from Hema as a GPX file and then imported as a tracklog into Traveller.

It would be good if Traveller had a similar/easier way to create tracks as Hema. :)

Richard
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Member - peter g28 - Friday, Sep 03, 2021 at 22:05

Friday, Sep 03, 2021 at 22:05
Check out the latest App update of Traveller as of 03 Sept..
There has been an update in respect to directly importing GPX files into Traveller from other GPS mapping Apps.
In regards to creating places and trying to link them to create a track..ExploreOz has several tutorials on this topic on their Youtube channel.
I have used Hema and I will leave it at that..
AnswerID: 637779

Follow Up By: Richard C - Friday, Sep 03, 2021 at 23:33

Friday, Sep 03, 2021 at 23:33
I have the update installed and being able to import directly is a great option and I have used it today. It basically doesn’t change the process I mentioned above, just makes it easier. You still use some other App to produce a GPX file of your track. When doing it manually this is the hard part. The importation into Traveller is easier now but was not difficult before either (But prefer new version for sure - good if it synced to other devices though if you want it to).

As per another thread I raised I am having difficulty with one of the new features, ie moving points around, not sure that is working properly.

I have used Hema for a long time and Traveller since it started or at least a long time. Traveller is my preferred App now but I still think it is easier to create tracks in Hema than Traveller. - at the moment, This latest version does move it closer though.

Richard

FollowupID: 915896

Sponsored Links