New User Manual Out Now (Traveller)

The updated User Manual (September Revision) has just been published.
We are working to make the detailed document as succinct as possible, yet retain detailed instructions and screen shots so it uses a lot of links to jump to relevant sections to avoid duplicating instructions so it is best to read on your computer/device in PDF format. It also now contains links to relevant YouTube tutorials we've made to explain a specific concept. We will continue to add new Tutorials and add links from the User Manual to the tutorials in future revisions of the manual.

You can find the user manual in 2 locations; on theExplorOz Traveller webpage and in-app. The inapp version can be accessed when offline and is the full manual.

In the latest update to the app, there have been many small tweaks to operating logic that may catch out some users that are already used to doing things a certain way so check the Version Update & History. We're constantly improving the way the app is completely independent of the website and in this update that was what were working towards.

P32 covers some big changes to Track Logs. There is a much improved way to Create Track Logs inapp using your position data which now allows you to see the data before you import it - allow you to trim visually or use the time/date stamp to trim. You can customise a colour and chose to include/exclude any positions recorded whilst in your geofences.

P34 covers the new method of creating a log track using GPX, KML, or TCX files directly inapp which is now possibly offline and completely independent of the website. This new method detects if your file has waypoints and will also allow you to import that as Personal Places in the one import.

Due to the new way of seeing Track Log data, we have changed the logic for how to select and view a Track Log from your search panel in the app. See what's changed on P35.

See p36 - 37 for a new way to Edit your Track Logs.

One of the important features is how to manage your Personal Places. There is new section in the User Manual for this - please take a look. See p21.

We've also added a Map Legend (in relation to Roads, Tracks, Treks). See p16.

There is also a new Setting to allow you to customise the incremental value of zoom on the map when pressing the +/- controls. See Page 12 and also Page 44 (end of Map Screen Settings).

This version also supports the Apple pen but there's no documentation about that specifically.

Plus, we've added a new section called Operating Tips & Troubleshooting which covers p47 - 55.

So, this manual is a huge update and its been fully revised so please take a look to familiarise yourself with the changes.

Next week, we'll issue a newsletter via email. Stay tuned.

Thanks to all that support us with your comments, feedback and suggestions. Have a good weekend and happy fathers day to all the dads out there.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 7 Moderator

Sponsored Links