Difficulty of Coffin Bay and Jussieu Peninsula

Submitted: Friday, Jul 05, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1427 Views:2725 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I plan to travel in a couple of months from Adelaide across to Head of the Bight and then down to Coffin Bay and Port Lincoln. Whilst there I am planning to explore the 4WD tracks in the Coffin Bay Peninsula and the Jussieu Peninsula.

I am relatively new to 4WDing (have done Robe to Beachport a couple of times and SkyTrek in the Flinders Ranges) so was wondering if anyone can give me the inside word on the difficulty of the tracks I am likely to encounter. My wife and I will be on our own so don't want to take any unnecessary risks. Is there anywhere in particular I should stear clear of, or anywhere in particular I shouldn't miss?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gypsy Helen - Friday, Jul 05, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jul 05, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Mike, I took a trip down the Coffin Bay National Park 4WD track in January. Like you I hadn't done much 4Wdriving, and found the Yangi Trail quite a challenge. I travel on my own, but knew if I got stuck someone would come along eventually! There were sections of exposed rock, and other sections of pure sand. Talking to a local, he suggested that I put my tyres down to 20 even though there were rocky areas. Part of the trail is along a beach. It is spectacular and worth the effort.
AnswerID: 4679

Reply By: Dave- Friday, Jul 05, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jul 05, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Mike I lived in Port Lincoln most of my life and am very familiar with the Coffin Bay national parks area if you would like to email me i would be only to happy to give you any info you would like. Regards Dave
AnswerID: 4683

Sponsored Links