Perth - Tas in January

Submitted: Friday, Oct 29, 2021 at 13:21
ThreadID: 142777 Views:4664 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We will be leaving Perth after Christmas and will have about 6 weeks to make our way back to Tassie. We were hoping to check out Esperance/Cape le Grande, Eyre Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula on the way home...buuuuuttt...don't have any camp sites booked. Is it a lost cause? Any tips for where we could stay or other routes home please? Family of 4 towing a camper trailer.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Friday, Oct 29, 2021 at 15:48

Friday, Oct 29, 2021 at 15:48
Hi Jannette

We were caught at Easter , in southern WA , and ended up visiting the wheat areas for a few days. All good.

Why don't you call a couple of caravan parks in the towns and ask them. Might be an idea to rough out a timetable and make some calls. With a family , and I guess a need for toilets and showers, you do need to have a bit of certainty for a greater part of the trip.

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 638436

Reply By: Member - LeighW - Saturday, Oct 30, 2021 at 10:03

Saturday, Oct 30, 2021 at 10:03
I would book, we travelled to WA from VIC in March this year, we did not book but did manage to get accommodation where we stopped along the way and back but sometimes couldn't stay where we wanted. Park managers etc warned to book ahead as they were over 90% booked out. I would imagine it will be worse now as a lot more are hitting the road, will chaotic in the future just to many out there now.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 638445

Reply By: Rob A2 - Saturday, Oct 30, 2021 at 17:26

Saturday, Oct 30, 2021 at 17:26
Well you have certainly taken on a challenge. Pretty much anything close to the ocean is normally booked a year ahead on EP and Yorkes. Especially if you are looking for a powered site. For example, we booked a site at Streaky Bay in March this year and they only had four to choose from back then

If you log on to your Parks site and check out both those NP's you will find they are also pretty much fully booked already as well. WA allows bookings six months ahead which makes things challenging to plan much with them.

You will find the same challenge/issues on our Limestone Coast. Robe and Beachport will already be fully booked pretty much. Although there's some smaller private parks down that way that just may have some vacancies.

All the best with it. Phoning around now is a good way to get your trip plan organised

Rob
Rob Ackland

AnswerID: 638446

Reply By: Member - Gordon B5 - Friday, Nov 05, 2021 at 21:03

Friday, Nov 05, 2021 at 21:03
If your still looking for bottom of Yorke Peninsula PM me and will see if we can organise something for you
He who hesitates is lost

AnswerID: 638512

Sponsored Links