Ben Lomond - Jacobs Ladder Tasmania

Hi everyone, the highlights reel continues as we venture around Tasmania. Our latest adventure is Ben Lomond ,53 km from Launceston accessed via Jacobs Ladder. The track is a steep precipitous escarpment track that will leave you in awe at the views and rock formations. Hard to believe that shuttle buses go up and down this track during winter. A premier alpine ski resort in winter for downhill skiing and in summer a challenging drive to test your nerves and skills. For those who like camping, a small campsite (6 sites) is available as you enter the National Park. Remote bush camping is also permitted within the park but campers must not set up within 500 metres of any road.

Cheers Mike and Kendra

Ben Lomond - Jacobs Ladder Tasmania

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Wildmax - Tuesday, Nov 16, 2021 at 12:03

Tuesday, Nov 16, 2021 at 12:03
Great video guys .... have to confess that having lived in Tas nearly all my life (but not being a skiier), I have never been up Ben Lomond. Time to remedy that situation :-)
Cheers
Wildmax
2018 Hilux and Black Wolf 210 tent - for the outback tracks less travelled
Formerly an AOR Eclipse and a TVan

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 638620

Reply By: tim_c - Friday, Dec 03, 2021 at 13:00

Friday, Dec 03, 2021 at 13:00
"...and in summer a challenging drive to test your nerves and skills"

Really?! That's not how I remember it - it's a smooth gravel road with a moderate grade and some open u-turn bends - as long as you can steer around corners and select an appropriate gear it should be no challenge at all. It's certainly an *interesting* drive, but in summer it's certainly not what I'd call "challenging" for any driver competent enough to be driving on public roads - it would test the nerves only of those not confident in their ability to keep a car on the road.

Of course, it would be a different story under snow!
AnswerID: 638761

Follow Up By: rumpig - Friday, Dec 03, 2021 at 20:00

Friday, Dec 03, 2021 at 20:00
Yep just a nice Sunday drive in Summer
FollowupID: 917511

Sponsored Links