Cuppa's Blog- The Old Telegraph Track - Cape York

Submitted: Friday, Nov 19, 2021 at 22:48
ThreadID: 142874 Views:4756 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
https://cuppa500.com/Blog/the-old-telegraph-track-cape-york/

This latest post is essentially a 35 minute video with written notes in the blog post.

Don't expect super slick 4k video, or professional quality film making, but grab a cuppa & hopefully enjoy.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 6 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Saturday, Nov 20, 2021 at 18:04

Saturday, Nov 20, 2021 at 18:04
Thanks for making the effort Cuppa. It's always educational to see how others do things, and I'm especially interested in how people manage their campers.
I tend to be quite conservative, having done my fair share of winching and digging in western Canada when I was much younger.
Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 638662

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Nov 20, 2021 at 22:41

Saturday, Nov 20, 2021 at 22:41
I think you talked yourself down a bit in your opening post, Cuppa. I watched it in two tabs - one with the text and the other with the video which I synced with the text.

Thoroughly enjoyable and better than many over-produced, over-excited offerings that are out there.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 638665

Reply By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Sunday, Nov 21, 2021 at 13:42

Sunday, Nov 21, 2021 at 13:42
I'm up to the 24 min mark with Sailor Ck which used to be in Places but now gone missing. IIRC the wooden bridge was intact back in 2008 as was a lot more of the environment. Such nice music with Bouree , but the pix show 2 m deep gouge outs due to excessive traffic. A sad juxtaposition. PS, I have a 49 year old vinyl copy of Stand Up with the original Bouree, but why put it on when You Tube has it to compare with the version on the video. Still, it's Tull, it's nice.
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 638669

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Sunday, Nov 21, 2021 at 14:09

Sunday, Nov 21, 2021 at 14:09
Thanks Warrie, I'm an old Tull afficionado from way back too. Favorite albums is probably Minstrel in the Gallery, although Stand Up, Heavy Horses , Too Old to Rock n Roll, Too youg to die and Thick as a Brick were all favourites at one time or another. Like many of my age it was Aqualung which sucked us in,
Not so familiar with later albums. Saw them live a few times,, last was at the Rainbow Theatre in London over 40 years ago I reckon. It was the 'Bursting Out' tour & that album was released in '78!

I wasn't sure if copyright issues would prevent the inclusion of Bouree by Youtube. They flagged it as a copyright issue but allow it so long as I am not making any money out of posting the video.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

FollowupID: 917272

Follow Up By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Sunday, Nov 21, 2021 at 14:33

Sunday, Nov 21, 2021 at 14:33
Sailor Ck bridge packed with rocks on one corner in 2016. 5 Wets since then to wash them away. Saw Tull in 74 but almost forgotten except for 3 or 4 slides taken on a Kodak Instamatic. Many changes in taste and club cover bands since.LOL
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 917273

Sponsored Links