What's to see Copper Peedy to Gold Coast

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 01, 2004 at 20:20
ThreadID: 14294 Views:2321 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
As part of our big trip we'll be travelling that route later this year. With 4 kids in tow what can people recommend as must sees along that general route.

I must admit that in my short research I haven't seen anything exciting to visit, but I'm sure I'm wrong.

Regards
Andrew
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Andrew K (WA) - Thursday, Jul 01, 2004 at 20:28

Thursday, Jul 01, 2004 at 20:28
Should've mentioned I'll be travelling the Strzelecki Track, and there are things to see there, It really once of that track and to Gold Coast.

I've gotta have something to keep the kids excited about before we get to the Gold Coast.

Andrew
AnswerID: 66036

Reply By: Member - Jiarna (SA) - Thursday, Jul 01, 2004 at 20:36

Thursday, Jul 01, 2004 at 20:36
In Coober Pedy, our family really enjoyed visiting the "Old Timer's Mine". Spent about 4 hours in there and couldn't get the kids (8 and 4) to leave!

Have you decided on a general route? There are about 1,000 different ways to go from Coober Pedy to the Gold Coast. How much time do you have?

Have fun planning.
John
Oodnadatta
Those who say something cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 66038

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew K (WA) - Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 00:24

Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 00:24
If we're having fun as much time as we like. Not set on a route and am open to any worth while deviations on route to the Gold Coast.

Kids are aged 4 to 10

Regards
Andrew
FollowupID: 326938

Reply By: Swerv - Thursday, Jul 01, 2004 at 20:49

Thursday, Jul 01, 2004 at 20:49
Gidday Andrew

Years ago I was part of the Variety Club of Australia Bash. Actually It was called the Bourke to Blatherskite Bash. Blatherskite is a park in Alice Springs. On our way home we decided to go through Coober Pedy. Spent the day there looking around, Plenty of opal shops there but the thing that got me were the underground houses. Because it is so hot out there people do live underground.

As for driving along the Strezlieke track, lots of undulating hills if I remember rightly. Just watch out for traffic coming the other way. There is a turn off (Merty Merty) that you can take to get to Camerons corner then on to Tibooburra then on to Bourke. From there you can make your way across to the Gold Coast.

As for sightseeing I can't remember all that much now as it was too long ago. Probably worth getting hold of a desert parks map pack.

Happy Travels

Swerv..
AnswerID: 66045

Sponsored Links