THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! (Re: Newbie to retirement - previous thread)

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 21, 2021 at 16:52
ThreadID: 143005 Views:3469 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks so much to everyone who has already provided me with a plethora of thoughtful, considered, technical and practical information, after only joining your forum a couple of days ago.

You have blown me out of the water with the time that you each have taken for my own benefit.

I was not surprised by the camaraderie that you have displayed. I am aware, which you have reinforced, that the 'nomadic' community is very supportive of one another.

I will re-read your collective advice again. I will also have a good engineering mate interpret the technical bits for me in layman's terms. I promise to respond to you individually over the Christmas break, in consideration of your generous offerings.

I must say, I have noticed another common thread among you. You each have an exceptional command of the English language and know how to put logical thoughts to paper (or keyboard).

7.7 million square kilometres to explore. That's a lot of grass to mow.

How lucky to have been born in Australia!

My kind regards for now,

Phil

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Keith B2 - Tuesday, Dec 21, 2021 at 19:01

Tuesday, Dec 21, 2021 at 19:01
Phil,
I belong to four or five other more-or-less similar forums.
If ever I have a difficult problem or need specific advice, I always raise it here. This forum is a veritable brains trust, composed of courteous, well meaning people, some with incredible breadth and depth of experience.
I have never failed to receive constructive help and generously detailed answers.
I am glad you received the info you needed and I am sure that any further questions you may have will get the same response. That has been my experience anyway.
Keith
AnswerID: 638864

Follow Up By: Phil O7 - Wednesday, Dec 22, 2021 at 00:25

Wednesday, Dec 22, 2021 at 00:25
Thanks Keith,

I sure am lucky to have tripped upon Exploroz and the high calibre people herein.

As wordy as I usually am, I'm now lost for words.

All the best until the New Year.

Phil.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 917689

Reply By: Life Member - Woodsy - Wednesday, Dec 22, 2021 at 12:25

Wednesday, Dec 22, 2021 at 12:25
Hi Phil 07

Yes, this is a great site and worth joining. The fees are small compared to the value you can get from the helpful and knowledgable members

I joined in August 2002 and have looked at this site nearly every day and received many good ideas and stories.

It is great that you have received some good advice

Happy camping
Happy 4 wheeling

Woodsy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 638869

Sponsored Links