Cuppa's Blog- The NPA - Cape York

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 at 13:53
ThreadID: 143042 Views:4060 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Here is the link to our latest blog post in which we explore the area known as the NPA at the very top of Cape York. Almost 80 photos included along with my usual writing. I hope you enjoy the ride.

The NPA - Cape York
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 8 Moderator

Reply By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 at 15:34

Saturday, Jan 01, 2022 at 15:34
A thoroughly enjoyable read and sounded like the makings of some terrific memories!
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 638974

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Sunday, Jan 02, 2022 at 07:57

Sunday, Jan 02, 2022 at 07:57
Hi Cuppa,

A very good read and the pictures do really do it justice. Have been to a few of the places you wrote about, and agree with many of your comments regarding prices and quality of food etc. we stayed at Punsand Bay, but when we return, we are planning to stay at Loyalty Beach.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 638975

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Sunday, Jan 02, 2022 at 09:35

Sunday, Jan 02, 2022 at 09:35
Thanks Macca. If you haven't already, check out Alau Beach campground at Umagico. We only visited, didn't stay, but it looked nice & the woman running it at the time was very pleasant. A bit more 'low key' than the other campgrounds.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

FollowupID: 917829

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Monday, Jan 03, 2022 at 08:40

Monday, Jan 03, 2022 at 08:40
Thanks Cuppa for the recommendation, it does look pretty good from the photos on line. Do you remember the prices at all as compared to the others?

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 917830

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Monday, Jan 03, 2022 at 08:51

Monday, Jan 03, 2022 at 08:51
I think it was $15 per night per person unpowered. Not sure about powered.

FollowupID: 917831

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Monday, Jan 03, 2022 at 09:02

Monday, Jan 03, 2022 at 09:02
Brings back good memories, and a great blog.

We were going to stay at Alau but hearing some of the reports of the wild parties, cars being broken into, we stayed at Loyalty Beach and it was quiet and no problems what so ever.

All things being equal, we hope to head back this year again, but with no time restraints.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 638977

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Monday, Jan 03, 2022 at 09:25

Monday, Jan 03, 2022 at 09:25
Stephen L, Thanks.
All the negative social media reports were well over-hyped I believe. They applied equally to Loyalty Beach & Alau. When I spoke to the lady at Alau I was told that it had been one person doing the thieving at *both* campgrounds, & that he had been caught. We stayed at Loyalty Beach & saw nothing of what socal media had been full of. I saw & heard no mention of wild parties. If we go back up there again I would happy to stay at either but if I had to choose one or the other I think I'd go for Alau.

FollowupID: 917832

Sponsored Links