Offline Maps : no snail trail

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 08, 2022 at 17:22
ThreadID: 143068 Views:3004 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys,

When I'm using offline maps and I enter my next location into EO Topo I don't get the snail trail (route line) to the location.

Is there away around this when offline?

If I plot the location whilst I have internet reception I see the line.. but plotting with no internet reception = no line.

Cheers for any help.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 08, 2022 at 23:13

Saturday, Jan 08, 2022 at 23:13
You need internet for route planning. Traveller uses a routing engine that is located in the cloud.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 639035

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Sunday, Jan 09, 2022 at 10:09

Sunday, Jan 09, 2022 at 10:09
Offline trip planning offers straight line routing, whereas online trip planning offers different modes and turn by turn for each mode...modes are: driving, cycling, walking.
If you create a plan when online, you can save it for future use. This retains all the calculated route and turn by turn detail in the calculations. Saved plans are called Personal Treks.

The Snail Trail is an overlay you can choose to display on the map ..it is your tracking line of your most recent path of travel and is there whether you are online or offine as the data comes from GPS.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 639036

Reply By: Member - Gene V - Tuesday, Jan 11, 2022 at 07:13

Tuesday, Jan 11, 2022 at 07:13
Thanks for the replies guys. Michelle so is there a way of creating my track file now and loading it into EO? We are doing a lap of Oz in May and I'd like to have the route marked on my EO map.

Appreciate the help.
AnswerID: 639060

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 11, 2022 at 10:36

Tuesday, Jan 11, 2022 at 10:36
If you have internet you can construct a detailed trek and get the line you want with turn by turn spoken and written instructions. Plan it, do it and save it all at once if you want, or do it in segments, with each segment done at a stop that has internet coverage.

I would suggest you do it in stages so you can easily edit, delete and add as required.

If no internet the process will be more laborious but you can approximate the above by creating waypoints and choosing towns or whatever that are not too far apart. You will get a trek made up of short straight lines, but no turn by turn instructions.

The Quick Start Guide and the User Manual will get you going.

The Quick Start Guide specifically addresses your question with a step-by-step example of constructing a Trek, which is what you want to do.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 917949

Sponsored Links