Kimberleys -Vehicle hire adn itinerary.

Submitted: Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 14:25
ThreadID: 14311 Views:2519 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am just starting to plan for a 4-6 weeks trip around May/June 2005. As a retired couple (60 and 70), we would like to see beautiful nature, but in reasonable comfort and for a reasonable cost, hopefully. Thinking about a loop from Broome via Gibb River Road to Kunnunurra and back via the Great Northern Highway. (flying on frequent flyer points). Or is better to do a one-way Broome to Darwin?

Any recommendations as to vehicle hire, filrms to hire from, things to see, traps to avoid, itinerary etc.?

Help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to 4wdriving.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 14:31

Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 14:31
We would recommend Kea for your vehicle hire. They advertise on ExplorOz - have a look at Kea in our Business Search Engine.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 66146

Reply By: John & Julie from Getabout 4WD Adventures - Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 18:46

Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 18:46
Hi Folks,

David is right, we saw a lot of Kea vehicles up there during this years tour.

However if you would like to do the tour without all the hassle, you may like to join us as passengers on our tour of the area next year.

You can contact us direct at john@getabout.com.au.

looking forward to hearing from you.
AnswerID: 66174

Reply By: Member - Bob - Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 22:22

Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 22:22
I'd do the loop you intend. Spend some time in Broome to get acclimatised. Then push off at a leisurely pace up the GRR. Plenty of time to see all the country and then back along the bitumen after seeing the Bungle Bungles. Then unwind in Broome again before heading back to the real world.
Ron and Viv Moons book is a must read before you travel the Kimberley. Hema have just released a detailed map of the Kimberley. Start to live the dream now, turn the holiday into a year of anticipation as well.
AnswerID: 66231

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)