Traveller

I am currently going through a big learning curve with Exploroz traveller.
I am not big on reading all the manuals on how to use it.
I am more of a trial and error user, I find that you lean things and you will remember them.
However, I have come across a Navigation problem that I cannot figure out
I'm sure there will be someone here with an easy and obvious answer.

I have plotted a track, which I have saved and working fine, starting from my home to our end destination.
This Track/plot is made up of 12 separate segments/stages.
However, when I load and start the track/plot, the segment/stage is missing and the actual track/plot starts at the second stage of the track/plot
Why does it not start from my Home ?

I apologise for my lack of correct Traveller terminology but that will come in time
Thanks for any assistance you can provide, Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Jan 31, 2022 at 20:28

Monday, Jan 31, 2022 at 20:28
When making a multi-place Trek before you go that you will create and save and open in the future, the system doesn't assume you want to start where you are now. Not everyone wants to start from home. If you do, add it as your first Place. Treks require more than 1 Place and saves only the portion of navigation from Place 1 onwards. You can then press Start Navigation and it will give you guidance from wherever you are at that time to the first destination and then follows the saved calculated guidance.

If want to go to a single destination you add the Place and press Start and you'll be guided from where you are to that Place. You cannot save this as its not a "Trek". You can keep the nav plan calculation open on the device, and close the app though and when you reopen it will still be there. You can just End/or Close nav to get rid of it.

This is documented in the Quick Start Guide.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 639308

Reply By: Member-George (WA) - Monday, Jan 31, 2022 at 20:42

Monday, Jan 31, 2022 at 20:42
Thanks Michelle, I knew it was going to be a simple solution.
I'm sure there will me more questions over the next couple months.
I appreciate your help.
BTW, is this the correct forum to ask these questions, I thought it may also help other readers
Cheers
AnswerID: 639310

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Jan 31, 2022 at 23:38

Monday, Jan 31, 2022 at 23:38
Yes, it is most definitely the correct forum to ask these questions, for the reason you state.

There is also an ExplorOz FB page but I'm not a FB user so cannot offer any more than that.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 918351

Sponsored Links