Hidden camping locations near Bluff Knoll

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 01, 2022 at 19:42
ThreadID: 143177 Views:4168 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know of any places i can camp near bluff knoll that aren't some pay to campgrounds that are always packed with other people. I want to just go off on a track and just camp in the bush away from people.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member-George (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 01, 2022 at 23:06

Tuesday, Feb 01, 2022 at 23:06
Hi Stephen, as far as I know it is all National Parks with, pay for, designated camping areas.
Outside of the National Park boundaries is mainly fenced farming land. Cheers
AnswerID: 639322

Reply By: nick g1 - Thursday, Feb 03, 2022 at 07:56

Thursday, Feb 03, 2022 at 07:56
Such a place exists!
It was a while ago but there is a gravel pit along Salt River Rd. Turn left off Chester Pass Rd. I think it is either on the corner of Hobbs Rd or the next one along Dejagers Rd. It is an unortherised illegal camp but its a fairly big area. We sused it out and l was happy to camp there but missus was not! Local farmer in ute eyeballed us checking it out but left as we left. Not sure of his intentions. Hopefully l have got the directions correct for you. It's not on wickiecamps or anything. Good luck. Let me know if l am correct. Was about 2yrs ago that l was there.
AnswerID: 639330

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Thursday, Feb 03, 2022 at 08:41

Thursday, Feb 03, 2022 at 08:41
"I want to just go off on a track and just camp in the bush away from people."

That's what we all want isn't it , Stephen , but sometimes it ain't possible.

Lovely area and some great walks ...... Bluff Knoll is a fair uphill hike, usually with a freezing blustery wind at the top !!!

Good luck !!
Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 639331

Reply By: Bushranger1 - Thursday, Feb 03, 2022 at 09:49

Thursday, Feb 03, 2022 at 09:49
G'day Stephen,
We just stopped on the nature drive on a pulloff.
We do this often as sick of lousy planned NP sites & don't get me started on internet booking systems. No good for travellers with no schedule.
We have a slideon so we have dinner then set up. Next morning put slideon down & have breakfast somewhere down the rd.
Bluff Knoll is a fantastic spot & in spring the nature drive is like a garden with so many flowers.
Cheers
Stu
AnswerID: 639332

Reply By: Dusta - Thursday, Feb 03, 2022 at 14:42

Thursday, Feb 03, 2022 at 14:42
there are many places around bluff that you could camp . there are many spots along the stirling range drive where you park for lookouts or the start of hiking trails that you could simply stop at .

Not hard to search google maps
AnswerID: 639334

Sponsored Links