Furphy Camper

Submitted: Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 18:49
ThreadID: 14319 Views:6495 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Guys

I have just recieved in the mail a Furphy Camper brochure (at my request to Furphy). It looks okay from a structural perspective, but doesn't seem to have the ability to carry extra fuel jerry cans like the Kimberley Kamper (KK).

It also only has a 60ltr water tank where the KK has something like a 130ltr tank.

Also the KK gives the buyer the option of matching rims and stub axle width to the towing vehicle, which is a majot plus in sand etc, where the Furphy doesn't appear to offer this option.

Has anybody actually eye-balled one in the flesh or does any one own one of these relatively new campers, and if so what did/do you think of them.

The KK that I am attracted too, fully optioned is around $40,000, where the Furphy fully optioned is around $30,000. I would prefer to keep the $10,000 difference in my pocket, but not at the expense of the ability to carry extra fuel and water and track width.

Thanks and cheers

PT
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Shaker - Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 19:35

Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 19:35
Amazing coincidence! I am also Paul T, & just received a Furphy CT brochure in the mail. As I have a Track Eagle, I thought the suspension looked a bit amateurish.
Plenty of awning shade area though.
AnswerID: 66181

Reply By: oddy - Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 22:26

Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 22:26
Did a years reserach into this. Take a look at the Australian Off Road Camper, it solves all your queries, 3 jerries, 140ltr fuel, matching rims, axle width etc and will cost $30,000 (incl HWS/shower). In my opinion it is streets ahead in build quality and finish. It has a monocoque construction with internal baffles eliminating flex in the box section. It has huge storage areas and a brilliant kitchen.
There is a review of it in the latest Overlander mag and July's 4WD mthly.
also see www.australianoffroadcampers.com.au
AnswerID: 66235

Sponsored Links