Traveller V7 public release out now!

ExplorOz Traveller Version 7 public release is now available for download from all stores.

We don't expect any issues but downloading an update can be complicated on some devices. For this reason, we are forcing your device to do a Places & Treks update at the time of the app update. If you get any error messages you can clear the Main DB from the bottom of the Data Manager and redo the Places & Treks update manually. Don't uninstall.

NOTE: V7 is available for Apple, Android & Windows but only available on devices running the following operating systems: iOS 12 and above, Android 7 and above, and Windows 10/11.

Full user manual included in-app and many new video tutorials on our YouTube Channel to cover all your queries.

You can also view the User Manual in a web-browser here User Manual Online
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Moya - Thursday, Feb 17, 2022 at 08:59

Thursday, Feb 17, 2022 at 08:59
Looks the goods, had a play around with it last night. The filters for 4wd/ MTB will come in handy.
Thanks
AnswerID: 639498

Reply By: Rob A1 (SA) - Thursday, Feb 17, 2022 at 09:13

Thursday, Feb 17, 2022 at 09:13
Looks good seamless and ultra fast download to a current model iPad Air. Will be testing the new trip function by seeing how well it fares planning our trip through the NT, Gulf Country, Cape York, outback QLD, Darling River Run and back to Adelaide. That should give it something to think about as well as testing my computer skills as well I am sure

Rob
Rob Ackland

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 639499

Reply By: Member - Steve & Paula - Thursday, Feb 17, 2022 at 23:38

Thursday, Feb 17, 2022 at 23:38
Having a problem with the update on two separate devices, one apple and one android but the problem is the same. As soon as the data manager starts processing the treck routes, the app crashes. Have tried all the fixes in the update email with no success.
AnswerID: 639516

Follow Up By: pmk03 - Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 02:16

Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 02:16
Under “Data base resets”
Press “Clear Main DB”
Then reload the Places & Treks
Worked for me
Paul
PMK3AUSTRALIA
FollowupID: 918596

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 12:20

Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 12:20
We've had feedback from a few people that are getting the app crashing after 30 seconds but only after doing the update (not on fresh installs). If this is your issue please do the following:-

ANDROID DEVICES: Close Traveller. Open your Settings App - select Apps and locate Traveller in the list of apps - press CLEAR DATA. This wipes all data from the databases so you will need to go to Data Manager and download everything including maps. Only do this if you can't access the Clear Main DB button in the Data Manager or it hasn't resolved the issue.

APPLE DEVICES: the update procedure has failed and you will need to uninstall and download Traveller from the App Store. This will be a fresh install so you will need to download everything including maps.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 918598

Follow Up By: Member - Captain (WA) - Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 13:59

Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 13:59
Tried all the above advice and still could not get Android Galaxy S20 to work. Have now deleted all maps, files and app, reinstalled and all appears to be working now. Still downloading remaining hi-res maps, but hasn't crashed at all since delete and reload..... fingers crossed.

Cheers
FollowupID: 918599

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 21:26

Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 21:26
This more for feedback for D&M, not bragging rights.

On my Galaxy S21Ultra and TabS6 I closed the app and simply updated from Playstore with no issues at all.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 918609

Reply By: davidr9435 - Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 17:38

Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 17:38
I am unable to download any of the the EO topo 2019 144k map packs. And when I exit the app and restart it, the 577k pack says it’s no longer downloaded. On iPhone13 with latest iOS.
AnswerID: 639530

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 21:33

Friday, Feb 18, 2022 at 21:33
David, if you've paid for the EOTopo 2021 mapset you don't need the 2019 maps. But if you don't want to upgrade to the 2021 maps then you do have an issue.

FYI and again, feedback for D&M..

On my Galaxy S21 Ultra and Tab S6 the 2019 577K pack installed perfectly. I closed the app and re-started and it is still there. Downloaded the 144K Pack East as a test. All good.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 918610

Reply By: Muzzak - Saturday, Feb 19, 2022 at 23:28

Saturday, Feb 19, 2022 at 23:28
Version 7 looks like some great advances on the previous versions. No problems installing on both Windows and Android. Just starting to find my way in it. I particularly like being able to add and edit places and the new range of place types. Excellent job.
AnswerID: 639544

Reply By: Casta - Sunday, Feb 20, 2022 at 18:27

Sunday, Feb 20, 2022 at 18:27
The new app seems faster to open which is great but I too had to delete the app's data as was suggested so it would stop crashing but now all good. The big problem i have encountered is when importing Places/Waypoints on the website via a GPX file, they are not being placed into a Folder on my Tablet after syncing with the Website? They do however appear as a group/folder on the ExploreOz website. I tried importing the GPX file directly via my tablet but was not successful after 2 hours of attempts. Now after the sync process, they are there BUT as individual Places on my Tablet, not grouped in a folder. I now have to painfully move one by one into a newly created Folder which is so inefficient compared to V6 with Personal Place Groups. What am i doing wrong??
AnswerID: 639558

Sponsored Links