Problems after Traveller update

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 19, 2022 at 13:04
ThreadID: 143269 Views:4028 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Updated Traveller yesterday and having issues. Running it on iPad Air (3rd gen version 15.2.1) and issue is it crashes and screen goes blank after about 3 seconds use.
Any ideas anyone?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Feb 19, 2022 at 16:01

Saturday, Feb 19, 2022 at 16:01
This is due to your device running out of memory whilst a background data update is going on to replace your Places, Treks, and Track Logs data as an auto sync process. On some devices this is just too complex. There are a few people experiencing this but every single one I've spoken to (about 20 people) have confirmed the instructions I give you fix this issue immediately. You'll need to uninstall the Traveller app. Then download a fresh install of the Traveller app. When you reopen Traveller you will need to go into the Data Manager and download the Places, Treks and Track Logs (if you have any) to your device. By uninstalling, the issue is resolved because instead of getting an "update" of this data over the top of your main databases, you are downloading it for the first time to that fresh install of the app.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 639539

Reply By: Member - Andrew W14 - Saturday, Feb 19, 2022 at 20:09

Saturday, Feb 19, 2022 at 20:09
UnfortunatelyMichelles fix of uninstalling and re-installing did not work as now I cannot download Hi Res pack. ( it stops after 24/65) and will not proceed. Tried deleting again and reinstalling but same result.
Whilst WiFi here is slow I measured at 10 Mbps. Traveller shows 21,361M free space so not sure what is happening.
Any ideas anyone?
AnswerID: 639542

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Saturday, Feb 19, 2022 at 21:09

Saturday, Feb 19, 2022 at 21:09
Andrew

Try swiping the App closed, then opening up as per normal, go to data manager as before, it should resume from where it stopped previously. (hit download).

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 918628

Reply By: Member - Andrew W14 - Saturday, Feb 19, 2022 at 21:53

Saturday, Feb 19, 2022 at 21:53
Thanks. Shutting app down and restarting did nothing so I powered off iPad, restarted and download continued.
Thanks again - and a curse on Apple!
AnswerID: 639543

Sponsored Links