User interface on phone in landscape mode

Submitted: Monday, Feb 21, 2022 at 22:21
ThreadID: 143281 Views:3644 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I’m new to the app and feeling my way around. I plan to run traveller on my iPhone as I do mostly motorcycle touring. I like to run in landscape mode to make the most of the smallscreen. However, in this mode, the top bar takes up too much space. Is there anyway to shrink it until required?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TrevorDavid - Tuesday, Feb 22, 2022 at 06:17

Tuesday, Feb 22, 2022 at 06:17
Cranky

In settings, disable status bar visible. This will about half its size but you will not see things like the date & time, battery charge, signal strength etc. There is no way to remove it totally.

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 639571

Reply By: Member - Crankster - Tuesday, Feb 22, 2022 at 06:54

Tuesday, Feb 22, 2022 at 06:54
Thanks TrevorDavid. I had a play and see what you mean by losing info when you disable it. I played some more and found that adjusting the size of font and buttons on the map provides better ‘scale’ for a small device such as a phone. I think what is needed is that the button size on the header bar needs to match that of the map so that if I choose small map buttons, they should also be the same size. I have a bit of a background in ergonomics and software interface design so probably more sensitive to this stuff than most :). I’ll keep playing but love the app so far.
AnswerID: 639572

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Tuesday, Feb 22, 2022 at 07:11

Tuesday, Feb 22, 2022 at 07:11
That’s great Cranky. Don’t use my phone so couldn’t help you anymore. Yes the App is brilliant, reckon you will love it.

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 918653

Sponsored Links