Treks created from within a folder are in reverse order :(

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 24, 2022 at 17:44
ThreadID: 143299 Views:5044 Replies:1 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
Scenario: I create a new trek by creating a new folder and adding waypoints in the order I want to visit. Great! I then go into the folder and find the waypoints are ordered from last waypoint down to the first waypoint added. When I create a Trek, it creates it in reverse order - very annoying! I know you can re-order the waypoints in the list but you shouldn't need to. If you are planning a trip you don't want to have to re-order.

This issue can be seen also in the 'Folder' tutorial vid.

Either please change it so when you add waypoints they go to the bottom of the list or provide a 'reverse' button that reverses the order before creating a trek.

Thanks!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Feb 24, 2022 at 19:29

Thursday, Feb 24, 2022 at 19:29
Just to clarify the order the elements are added into a folder is last to the top as you identifed unless imported from an external file. But to create a trek why would you use the Folder to Trek option anyway when you are tagging the places into the folder you could simply be adding them to the route plan and having the right travel mode selected means you will not have to go back and convert the stright lines to driving etc. So simply select the green route icon and add to the end as you go and the trek will build in the added order.

We could change the order but for those of us that use folders to store heaps or records (i add/remove elements in my folders all the time) I would be lost having to jump to the bottom to find something I just added. It is hard to make it the right way for everyones use cases but we are always open to suggestions.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 639606

Follow Up By: David P56 - Thursday, Feb 24, 2022 at 20:17

Thursday, Feb 24, 2022 at 20:17
Thanks for the prompt response David.

I understand that I can add the points in order on the route plan but, for consistency it would be good to be able to create a Trek in the correct order from a within a folder (without manual re-ordering).

My suggestion would be either add a button in the folder to reverse the entries or, maybe even within a Trek you can have a reverse button to reverse the route. … or simply create the Trek from the bottom up.

If you look at the Folder tutorial video you created it is confusing (to me at least!) to see the trek was created in the reverse order that you added the waypoints.

On another note, there is a bug on the iPad where if you click on a trek on the map and hit edit to rename it, if you use backspace to remove all the characters in the name (to add your own name), the edit box disappears and you cannot rename it. If you erase all but the first character it works fine,

Cheers,
David
FollowupID: 918677

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Feb 25, 2022 at 18:01

Friday, Feb 25, 2022 at 18:01
David,

I will create a folder order flipper function - I think this is the easiest and most suitable option. WIll come out in 7.0.8 in a few days.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 918686

Follow Up By: Member - Jim S1 - Friday, Feb 25, 2022 at 18:51

Friday, Feb 25, 2022 at 18:51
What unbelievably good service !!! Do you ever sleep ??

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 918687

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Feb 25, 2022 at 19:11

Friday, Feb 25, 2022 at 19:11
Make that tonight 7.0.8 is going to the stores now and folder flipper is installed. Yes I get a good sleep at night but we work hard during the days. Thanks.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 918688

Follow Up By: David P56 - Friday, Feb 25, 2022 at 20:13

Friday, Feb 25, 2022 at 20:13
Love ya work, David!

Cheers,
David
FollowupID: 918689

Follow Up By: Member - Jim S1 - Saturday, Feb 26, 2022 at 09:58

Saturday, Feb 26, 2022 at 09:58
7.0.8 now installed ......... truly amazing !!

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 918691

Follow Up By: Member - David M (SA) - Saturday, Feb 26, 2022 at 13:09

Saturday, Feb 26, 2022 at 13:09
They don't pay you enough David.
David.
FollowupID: 918693

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at 14:38

Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at 14:38
Yeah I agree on that one as these app updates do not generate any direct revenue. Our first app sale users back 6 & 7 years ago are still getting free app updates and I want to keep it this way. So what we need is more positive store reviews and word of mouth referals from our use happy user base to ensure we continue to attract new customers. Of course we do get more revenue with map updates but for us that is most likley going to be a 2023 edition and if I can work out the processes better we may do monthly subscriptions as well as the once off purchase. I have a 6 month plan to work on the map data and see if I can implement a continual build pipeline system that can keep updates to the map set current but it also needs a way to update offline tile sets without too much continual downloading. Anyway we have just decided to have a week off this week just packing the camper today, so it will not be happening this week at least.

Have a good one and thanks for using ExplorOz & ExplorOz Traveller.
David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 918703

Follow Up By: David P56 - Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at 19:34

Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at 19:34
Thanks David,

Your change in 7.08 works brilliantly. I certainly didn’t expect to get a change to the app so quickly so much kudos to you!

Enjoy your break.

Cheers,
David
FollowupID: 918713

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at 22:45

Sunday, Feb 27, 2022 at 22:45
We are always keen and listening for feedback so when it comes in and is not super difficult we will plug it in. So thanks for the suggestions.

Almost packed with some new SUPs on board so week off with water here we come hopefully. Our usual planning, no booking, no idea, just drive and have fun....

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 918718

Sponsored Links