Place Comment: Barradale Roadhouse

No Roadhouse exists here
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 08:38

Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 08:38
From WikiCamps:

"This is a large rest area located next to the Yannarie River off of the N W Coastal Highway.

You may stay a maximum of 24 hours.

Facilities include long drop toilets, picnic tables, bins and dump point. Pets are permitted.

If the bins are full, take your rubbish with you.
Do not cut down trees. Bring your firewood with you."

Insteresting link - What the old roadhouse was like

The site on EO just needs a bit of massaging.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 639762

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 10:28

Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 10:28
Admin comment:
Place entry updated to reflect info contained in the above comments.
Thank you Phil and Peter.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 639763

Reply By: friar - Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 13:29

Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 13:29
Remember it well,got flooded in spent about 5days there in the easy seventies,weekly general freight to Port Headland from Perth
AnswerID: 639765

Reply By: Member-George (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 17:21

Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 17:21
There used to be a road house there, many many years ago
It takes about 20-30 yrs for the old maps to be updated.
David can probably update Traveller.
Cheers
AnswerID: 639767

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 17:50

Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 17:50
ALL USERS (not just David, Michelle and Admins) of the latest version of the Traveller app (7.x.x) can do these updates.

You can update descriptions, add photos, correct the location of the icon etc, all within the app.

David and Michelle encourage you to do so whenever you find out of date or incorrect information.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 918834

Follow Up By: Member - PhilD_NT - Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 20:53

Tuesday, Mar 08, 2022 at 20:53
Exploroz team, I'm loving this new ability to alter place positions.

In planning last years trip to WA, and hopefully again in August, I noticed so many places that were well out of position, or not there at all, that I had been creating personal ones in Traveller, plus replicating many that I already had in Oziexplorer. Halfway through the trip I changed to using Traveller as I got more used to it, plus the promised updates helped to make it more desirable.

With the places I had marked in Traveller alone I was verging on reaching the 1000 limit, so the recent update has had me starting to review each and move some to Public where needed and fix existing ones for better placement. My personal list is now 300+ shorter, so far. Many of the remaining are in other States, or I need to do more verification, particularly while at the location.

What I would like to see though is Place facilities for some location types being expanded as some are very limiting. This can mean creating multiple Icons for the one spot which then are on top of each other unless fully zoomed in. For example, a remote Roadhouse can have far more facilities than what are covered by some Place Types at present, fuel, various accommodation choices, dump point, potable water and it may even be a Pub. Makes for a very cluttered location with multiple icons. I guess there is a downside to this though as it then would need a sorting option to only show Place Type's that include selected facilities/features if desired.

FollowupID: 918835

Reply By: Member-George (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 09, 2022 at 17:25

Wednesday, Mar 09, 2022 at 17:25
Hi Frank, I understand what you say. I was referring to removing the name "Roadhouse" from the map. As far as I know, only David can do that. I may stand to be corrected. Cheers
AnswerID: 639777

Sponsored Links