App closes straight after launching it

Hi All,
I am a week old member and have downloaded the app to my win10 PC, after complete install the app simply closes after I launch it. I have done 3 full fresh installs again with the same issue. The app doesn't show up in windows programs in control panel, so I am not sure where this app installs to, tried a search with no luck. My firewall settings allow the app - very strange since I cant find the install directory. However the installation on my Samsung tablet works fine (go figure). Any help with this would be great as I am reaching the end of my tether with this.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Dick L - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2022 at 13:05

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2022 at 13:05
Have you looked in your Start Menu. Tap on Start and scroll down to look for ExplorOz Traveller. Because it is an App not a Program it will be somewhere like C\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages and will be I.T.BeyondPtyLtd.ExploreOzTraveller
AnswerID: 640018

Reply By: Member - Benno351 - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2022 at 18:15

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2022 at 18:15
Hey there, silly me didnt have show hidden files selected, I can see the install directory now. Just went through my 4th fresh install and still no luck, the app just closes. Not sure where to go here!
AnswerID: 640029

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Mar 31, 2022 at 00:42

Thursday, Mar 31, 2022 at 00:42
(Copy post today from our FB group for ExplorOz Traveller Community...)

We are currently publishing another update being 7.0.11. Hopefully we are coming to the end of the minor issues that have been reported since the V7 update. When we do these minor updates (updating the last number in this case 10 to 11) we are not updating the release notes as these minor updates are really only meant to reflect bug fixes and minor changes to the main release which is currently 7.0.

We just wanted to bring 7.0.11 to your attention as there is a significant update to the way the treks are created, synced and saved which could have given incorrect results when you re-route segments (ie: go from straight to driving) and then saved the trek. So if you are working on building treks I would urge you to ensure that you update to 7.0.11 when it becomes available in the stores - later today and overnight.
Also fixed in 7.0.11 as found by Laurie Miles (Thanks Laurie for your indepth testing) there was a Windows platform issue if you had Range Rings turned on that caused the app to crash when you restarted it.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 640033

Reply By: Member - Benno351 - Thursday, Mar 31, 2022 at 21:36

Thursday, Mar 31, 2022 at 21:36
The update has worked beautifully, the app now remains opened once launched. Many thanks to all that have given suggestions, now it is time to create some trek's.....
AnswerID: 640040

Sponsored Links