Additional POI‘S

Does anyone know of a comprehensive POI File I can download onto an IPad to use on Traveller?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 12, 2022 at 22:54

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2022 at 22:54
Are you aware of/have you downloaded the Places database using Data Manager in Traveller?

Or are you looking for something additional to that?

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 640167

Reply By: Member - Andrew W14 - Wednesday, Apr 13, 2022 at 00:06

Wednesday, Apr 13, 2022 at 00:06
Yes thanks Frank. Places current and downloaded.
I am looking for a file with a far more comprehensive list of POI’s as those included with Traveller do not include what I am looking for (eg camping spots, pubs, points of interest etc),
Despite having 90,000 there are lots more that could be included (for my use only) which should be on a file somewhere.
AnswerID: 640168

Follow Up By: Member - PhilD_NT - Wednesday, Apr 13, 2022 at 01:00

Wednesday, Apr 13, 2022 at 01:00
Look up Camps Australia Wide, they have theirs in a few formats for different systems available to buy.
FollowupID: 919235

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 13, 2022 at 11:00

Wednesday, Apr 13, 2022 at 11:00
If you do get a compatible file be aware that each user has a limit of 1000 private Places (POIs). So if you get 10,000 or whatever from where ever, unless I'm mistaken you won't be able to use them all in Traveller.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 919242

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Apr 13, 2022 at 12:24

Wednesday, Apr 13, 2022 at 12:24
As mentioned in my Reply to Andrew, if anyone does find a large file they want to import - just send it to us and we can review/cross check against what is in our system already and merge to ensure no duplicates so its available for everyone in the main Places database.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 919246

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Apr 13, 2022 at 12:22

Wednesday, Apr 13, 2022 at 12:22
Hi Andrew,
The 90,000+ POIs that are supplied with the app include camping spots, pubs, points of interest etc that you requested. Have you had a good look?

There are 77 different POI types (there are over 15,000 listings alone just for camps).

In addition - if anyone finds a publicly available file/downloadable database of additional POIs you feel would be good to add, just send it to us and we'll add to the public system. The advantage of this is we can run a data conflation to ensure there is no duplication when the POIs are imported as we already have the largest single POI database of this type and should in reality have almost everything - rest areas, dump points, lookouts, you name it, and the database grows daily with input from other app users and our admin constantly refining the content.

eg. we have all the huts/ruins so no need for anyone to add the GetLost file etc.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 640178

Sponsored Links