Desktop Traveller App on Mac using Opera

Submitted: Friday, Apr 15, 2022 at 19:58
ThreadID: 143553 Views:3445 Replies:2 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Two things:
1. I have made a trek from North coast NSW to Coastal SA.
36 Towns entered using crosshairs and pin saved to a folder and made to a trek.
The town of Orange has a blue flashing arrow not included in the trek but interferes with kilometres and Orange may be there from me playing and getting to know how to operate the app.
How can I delete Orange?

2. How do I get this trek from the desktop app. to my travelling device (iPad)?

I'm bald and cannot pull anymore hair out.
Stan
Living is a journey,it depends on where you go !
VKS 737 mobile 0049 selcall 0049

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Apr 15, 2022 at 21:03

Friday, Apr 15, 2022 at 21:03
Can't help you with the Orange problem, sorry. I have not seen the blue arrow and if Orange is not in the nav list then I don't know what is going on to make the behaviour you have described.

2. In the app on the iPad, click the map layers icon top right (folded map). Scroll down to Treks and check the box. If you have many treks they will all be displayed but at least you'll get the one you want.

ALternatively, on the iPad in the map layers tool, scroll down to folders and uncheck it. Tap the word " None" to display the folders list. Tap the folder where the trek is stored to highlight it. Tap Apply. This will display only the trek(s) in that folder. Others not in the folder won't be displayed.

I haven't done much of this folder stuff but this is how I think it works. User Trevor David may be able to help more, and Michelle, of course.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 640205

Follow Up By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Friday, Apr 15, 2022 at 21:39

Friday, Apr 15, 2022 at 21:39
Thank you Frank.

FollowupID: 919291

Follow Up By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Friday, Apr 15, 2022 at 22:14

Friday, Apr 15, 2022 at 22:14
Hi Frank
I shut down the opera browser and restarted it and the 'Orange' location with a pulsing blue arrow has disappeared. My start location with a pulsing blue arrow is now correct and kilometers have been readjusted.
I thought the data transfer from the desktop to iPad was done directly but it appears the data goes to David's computer and back to my iPad. I think?

FollowupID: 919292

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 06:54

Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 06:54
Hi Pinko

Do a places & Treks update on your iPad

To delete Orange you would need to delete the Trek, (Trek only not the waypoints), find the Orange waypoint & delete it, then link up the other waypoints back into a Trek.

You don’t actually need to have the Trek in a folder. Can if you wish. Go to the search tab top right hand corner, Treks, Personal and it should be there.

Regards

TrevorDavid

dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 919293

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 07:37

Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 07:37
"I thought the data transfer from the desktop to iPad was done directly but it appears the data goes to David's computer and back to my iPad. I think?"

Hi Pinko,

Yes, you've worked it out. If you create a personal Trek or Place on a desktop computer and save it, it is saved in your account on EO's servers. That is why, as TrevorDavid said, you need to do a Places and Treks update on your iPad (and to all other devices that might be running Traveller. (I failed to mention that). That update copies your newly created Place or Trek to your other devices.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 919294

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 09:26

Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 09:26
Hi TD,

I think Pinko has sorted his issue, but as an aside....

"To delete Orange you would need to delete the Trek, (Trek only not the waypoints), find the Orange waypoint & delete it,"

If Orange was an unwanted waypoint in the Trek, rather than deleting the trek and re-creating it I think he could load the trek into nav (select the trek and Goto), then in the nav panel left swipe Orange, tap/click the garbage can and Save.

There is so much in V7 of this app, I am still learning. Not enough travelling (pardon the pun!) is my problem :-(

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 919295

Follow Up By: Member - Dick L - Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 11:53

Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 11:53
I think the 'Orange' and pulsing Blue arrow he was refering to was the Pink geofence and position arrow NOT Orange the Town.
FollowupID: 919297

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 18:39

Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 18:39
G’Day. Frank & Dick

Frank Yes that would be far simpler, would need to save it as another Trek.

Dick May well be the case ???

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 919302

Reply By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 15:49

Saturday, Apr 16, 2022 at 15:49
Thank you all for your information, I think I am sorted now.
I went to the you tube navigation tutorial where my waypoints are listed of my trek with a plane icon (straight line) I overlooked the left swipe and press the green nav button to convert each waypoint to driving mode and of coarse this changes kilometres as well.
However over 2000 kms the ipad kilometres do not exactly match the hema map book. I'll see how it goes in practice.
Thanks again

AnswerID: 640209

Sponsored Links