Request for Trek Comments/Feedback

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 27, 2022 at 13:18
ThreadID: 143627 Views:3888 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,
We wanted to draw your attention to the fact that on this website we provide 191 publicly available ExplorOz Treks covering all the major and popular 4WD routes, and iconic Australian destinations, some hikes, and even some kayaking trips.

The purpose of my post is to encourage anyone who travels these routes to drop a review post on the Trek pages with your experiences/feedback to other potential travellers. (This can also be done in the Traveller app if you use that). Just a simple comment/review to confirm your experience on the track - current conditions and anything you think needs to be added to the existing Trek description and Points of Interest.

Remember, as ExplorOz grows, the need for public input is ever important. Leave your comment to help the next traveller even if just to confirm all is as documented, or to give extra info not covered by the Description, Preparation or Places linked notes. You can also add photos to the Places linked in the Treks and add comments/reviews about those specific places too.

NOTE: in the coming months, we are due to regenerate the route lines on the maps for all ExplorOz Treks. Last year we regenerated some of the 191 Treks and will endeavour to complete the rest that we didn't get done. Let us know (via Help Desk - "Request Improvement") if there are any errors in Treks or omissions that you feel need addressing.

See EXPLOROZ TREKS HERE

Thanks for contributions!
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Thursday, Apr 28, 2022 at 05:36

Thursday, Apr 28, 2022 at 05:36
Thanks, Michelle and the tracks are indeed a great resource.

My request is that the tracks are combined into a single track. For example, the Simpson Desert track is about 20 track segments when downloading as GPX. Each is independent and stands alone. That does have some advantages but would be more useful as one track. May be the option to combine or leave separate would be a good feature.
AnswerID: 640363

Sponsored Links