Available toll relief for vans ,trailers etc

Submitted: Monday, May 23, 2022 at 19:03
ThreadID: 143752 Views:5524 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
For those that have a pension concession card etc and are nsw residents you are entitled to toll rebate if your van, trailer etc is detected as a class b vehicle,just pay the full toll and claim the rebate on govt website.

In addition there is a cash back scheme for those eligible that travel the M5..

Just thought to let people know.

All the best.
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 07:40

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 07:40
The kicker there is "NSW Resident". I wonder how many travellers from outside NSW have been charged the much higher rate for tolls with out realising or recourse. I think it is disgusting that they charge vans as semi trailers/ B Doubles.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 640648

Reply By: Member - peter_mcc - Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 09:54

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 09:54
It's also worth noting that the M7/M2/Lane Cove Tunnel determine tolls differently. Our Prado/Tvan combo is a car toll on M7/M2/Lane Cove Tunnel but a truck on M5/M5 East/Eastern Distributor.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 640649

Reply By: Rod N - Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 10:10

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 10:10
Motorhomes, no matter what weight or rego class, over 2.8m high are charged truck rates.
AnswerID: 640650

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 20:07

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 20:07
Get the full story here - Large Towed Recreational Vehicle Toll Rebate . In addition to what was stated in the OP, both the recreational vehicle and the tug must be registered in NSW. That means that those who register their vehicles interstate to reduce their fee will miss out on the rebate.

Likewise, you must have used a NSW issued toll tag and have paid the full tolls. I remember way back that some applied for interstate tags to save the $50 deposit on the tag. (Those who did pay the deposit have had that refunded a couple of years back anyway.) Those that do not have a toll tag and use other means of paying their tolls do not get the rebate.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 640659

Sponsored Links