gu wheel wobble

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 20:56
ThreadID: 14376 Views:2081 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guy's just fixed the problem, had a service by Nissan who were told not to touch the wheels,balance or alignment because they were great and new tyres were to go on the next day, what did they do, all bloody 3 and have spent that last 2 weeks sorting the problem, have had 5 wheel alignments and 5 wheel balances also 3 on car balance which normanly would fixe the problem, found out that the Nissan the machine was out by 50 grams, still did not entily fix it, then thought i would put back on original tires with the alloys on and low and behold it completly fixed the problem so i went back to the tire company and asked them to change the rims from steel to alloy and to balance the rim first and then the tire placing the heavy side to oppisite sides and then weight if neaded, and out i went again on the highway to test and low and behold the job was done, by the way on the way back a stone got the windscreen i must have steped on a chinaman this last month anyway hope this helps anyone with the same problem by the way the orig tiye was bridgestone 275/70 and the old tyre was BFG 275/70R16 A/T and the new tire is BFG 285/75/R16 A/T also after useing the steel rims for the last 12 months i think i will stay with the alloy's the ride is so much better.
Regards
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael - Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 21:10

Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 21:10
Phew!!!!!!
AnswerID: 66436

Reply By: Quartzy - Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 21:38

Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 21:38
10 Para,
I need a couple of GU 16 x 8 steel rims - if you want to sell them!
Cheers
Quartzy
AnswerID: 66444

Sponsored Links