Want to have a look around

Submitted: Monday, Jul 05, 2004 at 21:40
ThreadID: 14401 Views:1504 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys, I am up on the Gold Coast at me mum's,
I am looking for a day or two's trip west of here, somewhere around Roma or Dalby maybe, anyone know of something to do that would entertain my 15yo son as well as me in those areas.
I hadn't planned a trip but we are getting a bit bored here, we've done the parks; seaworld , warner bros etc B4, so i thought a little exploroz would be in order.

any suggestions TONIGHT would be appreciated, otherwise we'll catch you all when we get back to hell on earth or bleepney as truckster would have it.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ed. C.- Monday, Jul 05, 2004 at 22:28

Monday, Jul 05, 2004 at 22:28
G'day Waynepd,
Do you (and your son) fish ?? Got yer camping gear ??
If so, there is a really nice (free) camping area on Oakey Creek, just a few K's south of the Bowenville turn-off approx. midway between Toowoomba & Dalby (on the Warrego H'way)...
Good sized waterhole is home to shrimp, yabbies, catfish (jew), & yellowbelly (to name a few).. I believe the odd (Murray) cod has been known to have been caught there as well....
Also a popular swimming hole for the young-uns... (probably ruin the fishing, though)...
Being school hol's, there will undoubtedly be other campers there, but highly unlikely to be crowdwd out....
Definitely worth a look if you decide to head out that way...

Regards, Ed. C.
Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand,
....Not necessarily mechanic!!"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 66597

Reply By: Waynepd (NSW) - Monday, Jul 05, 2004 at 22:36

Monday, Jul 05, 2004 at 22:36
Thanks Ed,
Unfortunately I am not equipped for camping, fishing etc this trip , but i will keep it in mind for next time, don't mind a pot of yabbies over the fire.

I will be looking to stay in a van or cabin and just touring around a bit taking in the sights.

AnswerID: 66600

Reply By: Mungo Explorer - Monday, Jul 05, 2004 at 23:36

Monday, Jul 05, 2004 at 23:36
The Green Mountain? Only a short trip from Gold Coast, nice winding road up to O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, loads of wildlife up there and treetop walk? Been there three times, really liked it.
AnswerID: 66614

Reply By: Member - Jack - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 06:54

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 06:54
Fraser Island is worth a look if you've not done that before.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 66621

Reply By: Magnus - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 13:29

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 13:29
Jondaryan Woolshed just west of Toowoomba on the road to Roma. Has sheep shearing displays and lots of old gear on display. Has guided tours included in the not too cheap admission price.

Not sure 15yo would take to it but worth a try. need to leave early to get the morning session which I recall is 9:30 am. You can also get lunch there.

Cheers

Magnus
AnswerID: 66662

Sponsored Links