Can't start Exploroz Traveller

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 28, 2022 at 21:04
ThreadID: 144254 Views:3424 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I have started having a problem when trying to launch my ExplorOz traveller program on my Digoptions radio, I had in the past been able to launch the program but after the latest upgrade the unit gives me an "Application Error - The connection to the server was unsuccessful. (https://localhost/index.html)".
I can't recall making any changes and am lost on what the issue could be and hope that someone might be able to shed some light.
Thanking you in advance as I didn't want to burden the help desk.
Walter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Thursday, Jul 28, 2022 at 21:31

Thursday, Jul 28, 2022 at 21:31
Why not"burden the help desk' Walter, where you have access to the program developer, rather than burden the unqualified members of the forum? That's what the Desk is provided for after all.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 641301

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Friday, Jul 29, 2022 at 07:45

Friday, Jul 29, 2022 at 07:45
Morning Alan

Just do what I do, ignore what I’m not interested in, let alone respond to something that I’m not interested in.

With the format of this forum people can post what the like. Well within reason. Yes I understand somethings could (but don’t have to be) posted elsewhere. Once again if it doesn’t interest anyone ignore it.

There is one thing that annoys me a bit though, it’s when people get upset & sometimes personal because someone has a different opinion, or challenges there post. But it does make for interesting reading LOL.

Did someone say battery?

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 920365

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jul 28, 2022 at 21:32

Thursday, Jul 28, 2022 at 21:32
This symptom and error message indicates you have quite an old device but the fix is simply to close the app and open again.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 641302

Follow Up By: Member - Walter B - Friday, Jul 29, 2022 at 09:00

Friday, Jul 29, 2022 at 09:00
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your reply, not sure what is considered old, purchased about 3 years ago and based on android 9, was working previously.
I have closed the app several times by having to close the screen as no other functions are available, cannot go back to close the app.
Any other suggestions please.
FollowupID: 920368

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Jul 29, 2022 at 13:19

Friday, Jul 29, 2022 at 13:19
Walter - the issue sounds like you are not closing the app. You should probably Google "how to close apps on Android 9". Basically, just like on any phone or tablet, you need to locate the all apps view then swipe the app away. If you just close the screen on the headunit you are not closing the app - so its not getting the reboot which should fix your issue.

Not sure if you are aware, but we are away until Sept and I can only provide help when online (via the Help Desk, plus I do a quick check of the Forum and Facebook Group hence I saw your post) but this is only possible periodically - so far only once every 2 weeks as the nature of our research trip is remote.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 920374

Reply By: Member - William B - Friday, Jul 29, 2022 at 09:11

Friday, Jul 29, 2022 at 09:11
Have you re started the device as well or just the app?
William
Always planning the next trip. VKS-737 mobile 1619

AnswerID: 641309

Follow Up By: Member - Walter B - Saturday, Jul 30, 2022 at 18:02

Saturday, Jul 30, 2022 at 18:02
Hi William,

Haven't had a chance to read up on Michelle's suggestion and will see what google has to say on closing apps.
To answer your question, yes have turned off the unit and the car several times to see if a reboot would solve the issue.
Many Thanks for your follow up.
Walter
FollowupID: 920406

Reply By: Philip L4 - Wednesday, Aug 03, 2022 at 18:49

Wednesday, Aug 03, 2022 at 18:49
I have experienced the same problem. I have an idoing android 10 head unit. Worked perfectly prior to updating to latest version of ExplorOz.
Now it simply will not load.
After first updating it worked about 4 times, now will not load. Yes I have closed ALL open apps. I notice that it also takes far longer to load on my Android Samsung phone. Is there anyway to rollback to the previous version? Or is there another fix short of replacing the headunit which is only about a year old?
AnswerID: 641364

Sponsored Links