central remote installation

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 19:59
ThreadID: 14430 Views:1379 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Bought a central remote kit of ebay for my navara which has a key operated central remote. Any clues how it is fitted, i am not an auto elec and never will be one.

tob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: time waster - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:28

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:28
G,day Tob

I have fitted two kits to my first and current Hilux's, the actual wiring is probably the easiest part,it just hooks directly to the positive and negative to the battery.

The tricky parts to fix the little motors int the doors and align the push rods to activate the lock,you need to make sure that the motor does not interfear with window fro going up and down also that the door trim can go back on.

There are two motors with four wires for front doors and two motors with two wire for rear doors,the wires should all be colour coded and have connectors all ready attached.

It takes a while to feed all the wires under carpets and through out to the doors,the main thing is to tke your time installing the motors so work freely.

They work great when done Good luck
AnswerID: 66738

Reply By: Allan-TPWA - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:57

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:57
Tob

I bought and installed an after market kit for my Hilux, this is how it went. The electrical side is easier than you think. Solinoids for the rear door has 2 wires, the front doors have 4-5 from memory. They all plug into the harness which comes with the kit then is controlled from the black box which receives the signal from the remote. The black box requires a fused supply from the battery.

The difficult bit is mounting the solinoids behind the plastic door covers, so as they go back on without any snags. Find the operating rod that pushes the door lock up and down and mount the solinoid and its operating rod so it is parallel to the locks operating rod. Extend the solinoids1/4 inch from full extension and have all doors in the unlocked position. Bend the solinoids operating rod so it runs parallel with the locks operating rod and cut to length then clamp the 2 rods together so everything runs freely.

Points worth noting are, use lock tight on all bolted connections, check solinoids don't snag with window or window winder, where the 2 operating rods are connected with the clamp, file the rod flat where the screws clamp down. If any doors operate in the opposite direction to planned, swap the polarity on the solinoid of the affected door.

Your kit may be different, but this is how it was with mine. It is involved, don't give up.

Allan
AnswerID: 66747

Reply By: steve - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 22:12

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 22:12
Hi,
I've fitted plenty of these and they are quite easy. Just follow the (usually very lame) instuctions provided, plus the good hints from the above posts.

Good luck

Steve.
AnswerID: 66755

Sponsored Links