Places to stay in Outback NSW

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:00
ThreadID: 14434 Views:1451 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any websites or places to stay in outback NSW , broken hill , lighting Ridge area ,

Looking for 4wd areas with like an old shack places to stay in .

thanks all

steve and paula
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen NSW - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:01

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:01
by the way our email is stpt@swiftdsl.com.au
AnswerID: 66731

Reply By: Member - Roachie SA- Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 22:14

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 22:14
Steve,

Not sure about old shacks etc......don't think there are any around (they'd all get burnt down by certain Australians who seem to enjoy burning anything that will (burn)!!!
Mungo NP is worth a look...has a decent camp ground area with toilet/s but no other camp facilities.
Menindee Lakes is also good.
Bush camping can be done in lots of places; I just always make sure I try to get away from the main tracks so as not to attrack attention of any unwanted "guests" who might think they'd look better with some of my gear than I do.

As usual, the best advice is to get out amongst it and "avago"....take your time and be prepared to change plans if things don't work out as you'd envisaged. I also find it more enjoyable if we travel with another vehicle or 2 or more.

Good luck
AnswerID: 66756

Reply By: JimB - Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 07:46

Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 07:46
Ay Steve & Paula,

Mutawintji as well is an awesome place to visit. Last year my favourite wife and I went to Mungo, Murray Sunset, Menindee and Mutawintji. Loved the lot of it. You really do need to take your own accommodation. And collect whatever firewood you can on the way. There's often no firewood near to any of the best camp spots.

Buildings at Silverton of course are well worth the visit. Then up to Corner country west of Tobooburra.

So much to enjoy, life is way too short ay.

JimB
AnswerID: 66781

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)