re post 14363 towing trailers

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:36
ThreadID: 14435 Views:1324 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Gidday folks

I would just like to thank those people who responded to my post. A lot really good comments were made.

My personal favorite was the one about reversing with your mirrors. It staggers me to see the amount of people who have to place there arm over the rear of the seat and look out the back window to reverse their trailers or those the have to open the door and look out.

I have a mate that does that and every time i chip him about it, he swears black and blue that he used his mirrors to do it. One day i shall take a video of him doing it so then i shall have some proof.

Travel safely

Swerv......
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 17:24

Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 17:24
Swerv

Would I be wrong in stating that if someone does not do something your preferred way then they are at fault????? There is more than one method to skin a cat!!!
AnswerID: 66829

Follow Up By: Swerv - Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 19:31

Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 19:31
Gidday Willem

I don't think that is the case at all. I guess it's a case of whatever works for these people....works. To me and the way I was taught seems to make more sense. I have no choice in the matter but to use my mirrors as I have a canvas canopy over the back of my tray. Added to the fact that by using my mirrors for reversing I have more chance at seeing what is in front of me as well as at the back. I actually have prevented an accident like that. Years ago I had a child run from the car in front of me and down the side of my car. I feel that if I was looking over my shoulder or something similar the consequences could of been tragic.

To each his own

Safe travelling...... Swerv
FollowupID: 327602

Sponsored Links