ExploreOz/Traveller

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 at 20:53
ThreadID: 144866 Views:3472 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
I am very interested in the ExploreOz Traveller navagation system but have one question to ask.
Can it be used via my phone into my Sony AX-5000 head unit?

Regards:-
Patrick M.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jack - Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 08:31

Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 08:31
In short, NO.

I have a Kenwood head unit installed, wanting to do the same , but you cannot load EO into the head unit, nor will it transfer from your phone to the head unit. Android Auto also will not allow it.

You need to look at the Android Head Units (Teyes and Joyco are the two I am currently looking at. ).
These are actual Android computer head units which have Google software loaded allowing you to download apps from the Play Store, and elsewhere.

One of the main requirements I am checking out now is how much RAM to get, but I usually go for as much as I can get.

I also think Michelle has a brand of head unit that has allowed them to install EO.

You may find more info if you search in Youtube for Android Head units. A couple of people there have good information ion android head units.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 641703

Follow Up By: Patrick M4 - Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 09:45

Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 09:45
Thank's Jack.
Can't say I can't say that I am not dissapointed though.
I failed to mention the head unit I have is a Sony XA-5000 which has facility for android connection.
wondering if that makes and difference?
Regards:-
Patrick M4
FollowupID: 921008

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 14:13

Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 14:13
Vhedia is another brand worth looking at. Replacement head units that look factory once they are installed. Plenty of tutorial videos on You tube too, for setting them up & any trouble shooting.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 921010

Follow Up By: Member - silkwood - Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 14:41

Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 14:41
Patrick, I have a head unit which allows Android Auto (no, the app will not work with that, pity) and "mirroring". With this I can mirror (via wi-fi) whatever is on my phone (including the ExploreOz app) and allow me touch control on the head unit. I don't think the Sony unit does this but worth having a look.

Cheers,

Mark
FollowupID: 921011

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 12:11

Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 12:11
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 641705

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 15:44

Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 15:44
Yes, that Kenwood you specify is a better model than mine, despite me paying over $1k , thinking I could put EO onto it. I've decided I will just buy a good mounting bracket and stick my Samsung Android tablet onto that which will work fine.
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 921012

Follow Up By: Patrick M4 - Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 16:12

Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 16:12
Hi Michelle,
thanks for the reply.
I'm afraid it's too late for looking for a suitable headunit as I just spent a fortune on this one which I have just installed and had to search around for months foe one that fits my ancient 4WD.
"Damn".
Thanks again,
Patrick Martin
FollowupID: 921013

Sponsored Links