Wet Season Caretakers wanted - Cape York

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 at 17:18
ThreadID: 144867 Views:4699 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Last year my wife and I took on the caretaking of Moreton Telegraph Station, Cape York for the Wet.

It was a wonderful experience. One that you too could now have. An opportunity to experience the Cape as the locals love it best & most visitors never get to see.

If you enjoy remote, isolated, your own company & the opportunity to experience Cape York lush & green & and don't mind a bit of mechanical tinkering, mowing etc this may suit you.

They had a couple lined up for this forthcoming wet season who have had to pull out at short notice & I have offered to use the internet to see if I could find anyone interested for them.

They need someone from mid to late October '22 through to Late April/Early May. Short notice, but can't be helped. You need to be able to commit for the entire Wet season.

Couples preferred, but singles considered too.

Unpaid, but comfortable accommodation & all the home comforts provided including Sat Tv & Sat NBN.

All food provided too (negotiated to suit your tastes & dietary requirements)- a wet season order for all frozen, dry & canned goods gets brought up by freight truck before the roads close & fresh produce & perishables are delivered weekly by mail plane which lands on the property's airstrip. We ate well, cost us nothing, & left with our fuel tanks full. (Mail plane can also carry passengers - around $180 each way to/from Cairns - so you can have visitors if you wish once the roads are closed. RFDS can land on Airstrip if need arises).

For more info about what is required & what it's like check out the two blog posts I wrote covering our time there or feel free to drop me a drop me a line to ask anything you want.

First 3 months

Second three months

Or contact Mike & Wendy (owners) directly on 07 4060 3360

They are good, generous & supportive folk who were always available by phone or email if we needed anything . We would be happy to return there if we weren't already committed elsewhere on the Cape.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Robert1660 - Monday, Sep 26, 2022 at 18:18

Monday, Sep 26, 2022 at 18:18
A most enjoyable read! Such an adventure!
Robert
Landcruiser 200 VX Diesel + 19ft Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 641730

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Wednesday, Sep 28, 2022 at 19:10

Wednesday, Sep 28, 2022 at 19:10
Position is now filled.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 641747

Sponsored Links