Nice to meet other members

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 10, 2004 at 21:36
ThreadID: 14547 Views:1699 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Folks,

Went to the Grampians today with the multitude but especially with Baz (NSW) and family. It was really nice that Muddy 'doe from Adelaide was able to spot us in Halls Gap, but not just that, the thing was he was prepared to make the effort.

Steve, thanks from Baz and myself, that you did. Showing once again that members go that much further and are great!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Jul 10, 2004 at 21:50

Saturday, Jul 10, 2004 at 21:50
Good work fella's......

One day when I'm allowed out ( grin ), I hope to meet a few of ya.

Cheers

Cyber Wolf
AnswerID: 67268

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Saturday, Jul 10, 2004 at 22:03

Saturday, Jul 10, 2004 at 22:03
Wolfie, for the time being keep digging those holes. You may dig out of your compound then........
FollowupID: 327989

Reply By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 13:46

Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 13:46
Hi JohnR,

Just got back home. I got to Kaniva just above Little Desert there at about 6.30pm and was feeling a little tired after such a long day. I had not had the best nights sleep on Friday night so was starting to feel it a bit. Still 3 hours to go to Adelaide and decided it was not worth the risk.

Decided to stop at the Colony Inn there and had a good nights sleep. Up at about 9 this morning and had a good run back to Adelaide in lovely winter sunshine.

Great to catch up with some more members. Finally got around to placing the ExplorOz sticker on the car so it looks the part now! It was not that hard to spot John in Halls Gap with TWO big ExplorOz wheel covers on the back of the Patrol (even if they were a bit dusty!). Great hospitality shown. I was getting ready to go and get a hamburger for lunch but found myself just in time to receive a great sandwich washed down with a cold Melbourne Bitter. Thanks Guys!

Got the lowdown on Baz getting a bit stuck on an interesting looking trail. If you haven't been stuck you haven't been trying!!!

Look foward to meeting more members out there somewhere. Good excuse for a drive!

Cheers
Muddy
AnswerID: 67313

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 17:53

Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 17:53
Muddy 'doe,

So pleased you were able to make it, and also that you travelled home safely. It was a pity you didn't actually see the video of the road that Baz family were stuck on. Some of the ruts would have swallowed a small 4by. Well nearly!

Was nice that Bonz and Mrs Bonz were able to call and meet having afternoon tea today with The Bazs too.

Hope you get to Melbourne safely Mrs Bonz, nice rain but we didn't need to have you drive there in it. Was really pleasing to meet a member of our districts pioneering families, where I had heard the name before but not met any of them. I am not suggesting you are one of the 'older pioneering family' members though.LOL You are too young for that. Nice kids too Mr and Mrs Bonz.
FollowupID: 328046

Sponsored Links