Battery markings

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 10, 2004 at 22:31
ThreadID: 14549 Views:1909 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Forumites,
I'm wondering if there is anybody out there who knows how to interprete what battery markings mean, on one occasion I took the battery back for a warranty claim ,even though the reciept I had said the battery was eighteen months old the guy told me it was two years old by readings the markings, I forgot to ask him how he knew. The markings on the battery I have are 24JEFS, what does this tell me? I know it's stuffed, how old is this battery what else can anybody tell me. It's out of my 2000 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TD. Thanks in anticipation.
Keep the shiny side up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: V8troopie - Saturday, Jul 10, 2004 at 23:57

Saturday, Jul 10, 2004 at 23:57
Martyn, I went through that exercise with some Trojan deep cycle batteries. Looked up the company with google and found the code under technical details.
Different makers have different codes, they are usually stamped onto the terminal post. There's another code burned in on the case top but this is just something for the manufacturers.
Look up the makers and see what you find.
Good luck,
Klaus
AnswerID: 67284

Follow Up By: Martyn (WA) - Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 10:22

Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 10:22
Klaus,
Thanks for that, I checked the internet, the make of battery is a Furukawa as suppled by Nissan originally I suspect, the only info I could find was in Japanese, I struggle with English sometimes, so I couldn't find anything out really of any use. I thought there might of been some sort of International standard, looks like there isn't. Thanks for the help.
Keep the shiny side up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 328011

Reply By: -OzyGuy- - Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 19:57

Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 19:57
Martyn (WA)
The combimation of numbers and letters stamped into the top of the case generally at the front centre are put there by the person placing the battery into the vehicle as a date for the warranty, I know this only as I asked when I bought my last battery.

Mine was put there in a code, 2fr21, which is 21st February 2oo2
yes I looked up the battery and then the receipt, seeing it is now outa warranty I tossed it. (receipt)

Phone the battery dealer and ask them to explain their warranty code numbers on the battery to you.
AnswerID: 67362

Sponsored Links