Exmouth .. closed off for Eclipse?

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 04, 2023 at 07:17
ThreadID: 145505 Views:1911 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Apr 20.. Exmouth Solar Eclipse..

I have anecdotally heard that unless you have accommodation booked you wont be allowed onto the peninsula - talks of police road blocks. It seems fanciful to me, we are planning an early morning drive from a campsite off the peninsula and leaving the peninsula the same day.

Anyone got any actual insight into this? I'll try and find a WAPOL contact today to ask as well.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Phil B (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2023 at 08:18

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2023 at 08:18
Hi Duncan,

I haven't heard any such news; it certainly would cause problems in policing it.

I could be wrong, but someone not familiar with Exmouth, its location and geography, have gotten this story mixed up as being Exmouth.

'Workers on Barrow Island off the Pilbara coast will see totality, however, the island is closed to the public.'

Solar eclipse

ATB

There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 643252

Reply By: Member - Duncan2H - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2023 at 11:22

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2023 at 11:22
OK I spoke to WAPOL in Exmouth.. the police will not be limiting access.
AnswerID: 643253

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Apr 06, 2023 at 01:55

Thursday, Apr 06, 2023 at 01:55
What a joke...no roadblocks...but it's booked out and very busy currently. Have friends there now, I just checked and no plans for a roadblock/restricted access.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 643271

Follow Up By: Banjo (WA) - Thursday, Apr 06, 2023 at 08:49

Thursday, Apr 06, 2023 at 08:49
It seems that since the Covid restrictions that society now want more police restrictions on our freedoms.
??
FollowupID: 922917

Follow Up By: Peter_n_Margaret - Thursday, Apr 06, 2023 at 09:09

Thursday, Apr 06, 2023 at 09:09
I can imagine what is going through the locals minds ..........
A couple of thousand vehicles full of visitors with no where to stay?
There will be a mess to clean up and it won't be pretty.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome
FollowupID: 922918

Follow Up By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Thursday, Apr 06, 2023 at 09:38

Thursday, Apr 06, 2023 at 09:38
Pasted from Exmouth Council website.
Will there be traffic management?
Traffic Management will be in place from Perth and Karratha to Exmouth. The Shire is working with the State Government, Main Roads, Police and Defence to ensure a safe journey is had by all. Please abide by all directions given by TSE officials and stakeholders, who will be clearly identified by their uniforms and identification - e.g.Police, Traffic Management, Shire of Exmouth Officers.

Are road closures to occur?
Yes, a considered Traffic Management Plan will be in place with a combination of reduced speed limits, and temporary accessible parking locations.

Main roads WA info by phone call yesterday is that the only closure is Maidstone Cres in the town of Exmouth so as to have a street party on eclipse day - the 20th. All other roads on the peninsula are OPEN.
As to Peters possible indictment re rubbish. Lety's hope eclipse chasers are not eclipse grubs. Seriously, why drop trash in any beautiful area - but alas people do. Extra bins are being provided.
It seems that they won't get 50,000 visitors, more like the 20,000 in the normal peak July Holiday season which they cope with every year. So roads open and some congestion. We just need cloudless skies LOL.
Warrie

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 922919

Follow Up By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Saturday, Apr 15, 2023 at 10:03

Saturday, Apr 15, 2023 at 10:03
Charles Knife and Shothole to be closed 17th to 21st. Go figure!
Warrie

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 922969

Sponsored Links