Flood in Eyre Ck & Diamantina River.

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 05, 2023 at 18:02
ThreadID: 145510 Views:1969 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Some desert travellers, and others, may be interested in how the flood waters are going, & how far they have reached.

The Diamantina is expected to reach Birdsville between 10-14th April, & Eyre Ck should start to create a problem on the QAA Line by the end of April-early May. Adria Downs has already closed the section of the Madigan, through Camps 20-22.

The attached photo gives one a good idea of what the water is doing, a day or so ago.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 22 Moderator

Reply By: Rob J8 - Wednesday, Apr 05, 2023 at 19:52

Wednesday, Apr 05, 2023 at 19:52
Very interested Bob, Thanks
AnswerID: 643269

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2023 at 18:16

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2023 at 18:16
Been a week since I posted the above.

Water has covered a lot of country, no doubt many centipedes, Death Adders & other reptiles have been rehoused. At the centre of the green circle is Camp 20, on Kuddaree Waterhole, for anyone that’s done the Madigan.

Muncoonie Lake is the waterbody just to the East of Camp 20.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 643293

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Wednesday, Apr 12, 2023 at 09:26

Wednesday, Apr 12, 2023 at 09:26
If my memory is correct, Lake Machattie is south east of Bedourie, off to the left of the road to Birdsville, & is renowned as a Pelican breeding site. Was dry when we went that way. Soon it will be wall to wall pelicans. I recall reading that in a good season they can hatch up to 3 broods. Would love to see thousands & thousands of Pelicans all in one place! I imagine our camp spot at Cuttaburra Crossing will likely be under water now.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

AnswerID: 643295

Sponsored Links