Camping Murchison region WA

Submitted: Monday, Apr 10, 2023 at 10:06
ThreadID: 145519 Views:1502 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Morning All
Planning a trip from Perth to Wooleen and then across to Kalbarri with LC towing a 20.6 off road van and with the company of our 12yo grandson in late September. We have plenty of experience on gravel and rocky tracks.

I am wondering what places of interest there are from north of Wubin to say Cue/ Mt Magnet then across to Wooleen / Murchison Settlement and then across to Ajana.

Also which is the best track to take from say Mt Magnet across to Wooleen and then Murchison Settlement to Ajana. I have done Butchers Track previously.

We have 2 nights in the bush after leaving Perth before 3 at Wooleen and then heading across to Kalbarri for 4 nights.
Quite enjoy the large granite outcrops, indigenous paintings, good breakaway country, old mining sites/pits that are accessible and swimming holes/ gorges.

My grandson would also like to catch some yabbies.??
TIA
cheers Craig
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - rocco2010 - Monday, Apr 10, 2023 at 16:44

Monday, Apr 10, 2023 at 16:44
Looks like you on a tight schedule with only two night to get to Wooleen from Perth..

Lots of history around Mt Magnet (excellent museum) and Cue with Big Bell, Walga Rock and the Dalgaranga crater worth a look.

Been good rains up that way which augurs well for a wildflower show later in the year.

Enjoy, it's a favourite part of WA for me.

AnswerID: 643290

Follow Up By: Craig M1 - Monday, Apr 10, 2023 at 17:20

Monday, Apr 10, 2023 at 17:20
Thanks for those suggestion Rocco.
Yes never enough time, unfortunately have to plan to a schedule.
Cheers
FollowupID: 922949

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2023 at 15:50

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2023 at 15:50
September is wildflower season and there's lots of great spots on the way up north from Perth to Kalbarri you can explore. Suggest go to the map in the Places section of our website - and just look for all the great little camps and tourist attractions along the route you want to take - you can tap onto the icons on the map to see a bit about each one (photos, description etc).
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 643292

Reply By: Rob J8 - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2023 at 20:02

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2023 at 20:02
Check out the display in the old wheat bin at Wubin, lots of good stuff. Battery at Paynes Find is worth a look. Kirkalockarest stop is a good overnighter.
AnswerID: 643294

Sponsored Links